Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 17   [ 164 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: SJ Suspension Mods!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:19 pm 

Vehicle: My14 XT Black

Hey everyone,

Just want to start a discussion on general suspension and chassis mods for the SJ forester.

General stuff like
-what parts are interchangeable between models.
-what new products have been found.
-discuss your current and future mods plus your tips and tricks.
-your experiences of the mods you've done.
-awesome deals and prices that you've found.

Happy researching everyone.

Post subject: Re: SJ Suspension Mods!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm 

What I've found from viewing other forums and what I'm going to try and upgrade within the next month is the rear sway bar.
Our RSB is the same design as the 08-13 wrx/sti sway bar and the diameter of bar is 16mm and fairly sure that ours is a hollow bar.
What I want to upgrade mine to is the whiteline 20mm adjustable sway bar (BSR49Z), I want to stiffen up the body roll on the car and generally make it handle better, and bring a bit more confidence to the car.

This is the one I'm going to most likely be buying.
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Whiteli ... 11-WRX-STI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:16 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT - White

I'll be installing whiteline 20mm rear sway bar(bsr49) in a few days. It'll definately reduce understeer and increase body stiffness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XTP

I am thinking the same but probably go the 22mm adjustable. Had this on the SH and it wasnt overkill. Thinking with the heavier SJ and given that the front sway bar is 24mm that it might balance it up a bit more.

Also hoping to drop in the next few months probably on the rsr or tein springs. Been waiting until the hesitation issue is all sorted before I spend money modding.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XTP

Oh then its wheel time too!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:30 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT - White

asp1135 wrote:
I am thinking the same but probably go the 22mm adjustable. Had this on the SH and it wasnt overkill.

On the SH, did you have coil overs with the 22mm?

I'm going for a mild 20mm upgrade because I'm concerned the extra thickness may not suit the stock suspension and ground clearance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 pm 

jayc0au wrote:
I'll be installing whiteline 20mm rear sway bar(bsr49) in a few days. It'll definately reduce understeer and increase body stiffness.

I've read quite a few reviews from people on 'subaruforester.org' and I haven't read a bad one yet everyone who installs them are really impressed about much more the planted the car is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 pm 

asp1135 wrote:
I am thinking the same but probably go the 22mm adjustable. Had this on the SH and it wasnt overkill. Thinking with the heavier SJ and given that the front sway bar is 24mm that it might balance it up a bit more.

Also hoping to drop in the next few months probably on the rsr or tein springs. Been waiting until the hesitation issue is all sorted before I spend money modding.

jayc0au wrote:
asp1135 wrote:
I am thinking the same but probably go the 22mm adjustable. Had this on the SH and it wasnt overkill.

On the SH, did you have coil overs with the 22mm?

I'm going for a mild 20mm upgrade because I'm concerned the extra thickness may not suit the stock suspension and ground clearance.

I'm the same 'jayc0au' I'm worried about the ride getting too stiff since this is my family car and let's face it my Foz won't be a track car ever, I'm looking a little more of a smile when driving.

Asp1135, have you got confirmation on what springs fit the sj? Also is there any other parts that are interchangeable from the 08+ like subframe bolts? Endlinks?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:51 pm 

asp1135 wrote:
Oh then its wheel time too!

What wheels you looking at?
I really like the Enkei GTC01, but they are around $500 per rim :( so this will be a much later mod lol
http://www.enkei.com/gtc01.shtml

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:53 pm 

You guys most likely already know this but when you buy an adjustable bar for example the whitline 20mm adjustable sway bar your actually buying a 19mm, 20mm and 21mm sway bars in one.
Explained in this clip:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISNWRMB6c4

Which gives me a little piece of mind about buying a 20mm bar, a fair few guys on 'subaruforester.org' have been throwing on 19mm OEM STI sway bars and having some really good results that people are swearing by the OEM STI bar. But with the whiteline 20mm gives me an STI 'like' bar with the option to go stiffer if wanted

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 17   [ 164 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next