Change font size
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 1997 Toyota Celica SX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:11 pm 

I Say: Take a moment and listen to my turbo whistle.
Vehicle: 99 GT Forester

Picked up my new daily a few weeks ago. Fozzy project has been stepped back a bit due to wanting to replace literally everything. So bought another cheap daily.
It's a 97 Celica SX. 2.2L 5SFE. Was pretty much stock when I bought it. Pretty rough body wise but mechanically sound. :thumbs:
Fueling up for the 90km drive home, drive nice, rear struts are stuffed though, bouncy as all hell.
Pretty filthy under the hood will clean it up at a later date.
Interior is really clean. Alot of dodgy speaker wiring though.
Body is very rough as you can see. I will be fixing it up and painting it the factory red.
It came with the wing so I chucked that on.
Pulled all the interior out, glad I did as the speaker wiring was dodgy as all hell. the postive and negative was legit taped together lol no wonder the speakers didn't work.
Sanded all the rusty mess back and rust proofed it until I get around to fixing the damage.
My cousin gave me some coilovers from his AE92 corolla. Fronts bolt straight in with some slight persuasion through the top hat. But the rears need modification which we will be doing.
Paint is pretty rough.
But it comes up mint with a cut and polish!
Bit of a before and after. Used 2000grit wet sandpaper where the clear coat peel was and then some cutting compound on a buffer.
Fixed up some cracked bog, there is a dent there which I have pulled out as much as I could.
Going through old parts from the Fozzy, found my old ebay hella horns (replaced them with Hella Sharptones on the foz) so set out to make up a mount and harness. the Celica doesn't have a grill so I put them in the lower grill.
And added some street cred haha
Also since the stud pattern is 5x100 the XXRs off the Fozzy bolt straight on which is great! Let me know your thoughts!

Post subject: Re: 1997 Toyota Celica SX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 pm 

Also cleaned the bay up a bit. Will be getting a valve cover gasket and will be painting the cover at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:45 pm 

Vehicle: MY04-XT Lux

highly impressed with how you've fixed up the paintwork, great work, how's it for parts, i had a Caldina GTT parts were a bit of a nightmare!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:54 am 

Mcstevo wrote:
highly impressed with how you've fixed up the paintwork, great work, how's it for parts, i had a Caldina GTT parts were a bit of a nightmare!!

Parts are actually pretty hard to find. None at any of the local wreckers. Trying to find a taillight is next to impossible aswell as this is an SX which is different to every other model as well.

Chucked her outside to degrease underneath.
Also put the headunit from the Forester in it. And fixed up all the dodgy speaker wiring.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]