It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 145 of 148   [ 1472 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: H's GC8.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:08 am 

I Say: This one is staying stock...
Vehicle: GC8Track/NFIIFairlane/MY12STi

be_oh_be wrote:
Yep. PI has long straights but very long corners.

If you were chasing power you'd need a LOT..........Nev Scott was about 8 seconds up the road?

Nev won it in the CMA car with a 41.

GC8 Track build - http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43199
NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 am 

Nice going Kyle. Good steering.

Was a shame that the SnJ beast had to pull out due to dry sump issues. Dan had a 1.40 under his belt on the Saturday on supposed low boost and old tyres(pinch of salt with that, sir?) :D

Post up the in car when you get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:53 am 

Thanks bud!

Yeah it was a shame to see a lot of the open class cars pull out. I think Aleck did a 1:37 on the Saturday but then had issues. Nev speech was funny 'To finish first, first you must finish!' was quoted.

In car footage is aweful :lol: I just need to drive it more. The no ABS is very hard to get used to and the way the car feels at turn in & exists is night and day to my other car. The lap looks so slow.

NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:06 pm 

H-are wrote:
be_oh_be wrote:
Yep. PI has long straights but very long corners.

If you were chasing power you'd need a LOT..........Nev Scott was about 8 seconds up the road?

Nev won it in the CMA car with a 41.

Just to clarify the power thing Bob, Id be fairly confident that there were not many cars running less than 180kws on the day. So I'm pretty happy with not only the class placement but the overall field placement. Its a good example that power isnt everything.

NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:22 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Curious to hear your thoughts on the ABS bypass/delete?

Does the car want to lock? Or do you just feel like its on the edge of beginning to start sliding? Do you feel it at the rear coming in hard on the brakes?

Given your placings, it cant be effecting you to negatively :thumbs: congrats.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:37 pm 

I Say: Rumo is about to get raped
Vehicle: White 04 JDM bitza

Jealous of the events you get to do over there and great results, definitely chuck up the in car so I've got something to watch at lunchtime.

That's the problem with the high powered ultra modified cars, they spend a lot of time on car trailers leaving events early.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:16 pm 

Bram wrote:
Curious to hear your thoughts on the ABS bypass/delete?

Does the car want to lock? Or do you just feel like its on the edge of beginning to start sliding? Do you feel it at the rear coming in hard on the brakes?

Given your placings, it cant be effecting you to negatively :thumbs: congrats.

The RA's came from factory without ABS so like it or not I've got none.... However, if it had ABS it would be removed because of what happened in the silver car.

Anyways, the issue has been (which I only over came in the last 2 sessions on Sunday) the Winmax W7 rears are to aggressive. Ive tried numerous things up until now to get the fronts to work better but the only thing that's worked is to back off the rears. The car would just lock the rears as soon as it was pushed to say about 90% braking. the car was doing 1:52's with the W7's in, changed to W3's and dropped 3 seconds immediately. Now that being said I have by no means got comfortable with no ABS, it was still a 50 - 80 meter brake marker difference to my old data at every corner.

Hence why I'm saying I just need to drive it more now. Realistically every time I've driven this car, till those last 2 sessions at Subinats, the car has been a farken pig of a thing, with failed suspension/ locking brakes and what not..... I was seriously starting to think it was going to end in the wall again numerous times.

XT43 wrote:
Jealous of the events you get to do over there and great results, definitely chuck up the in car so I've got something to watch at lunchtime.

That's the problem with the high powered ultra modified cars, they spend a lot of time on car trailers leaving events early.

I've said it so many times that its so awesome/lucky to live so close to so many good quality race tracks. PI being the highlight for me, I just love that place. There is no other track that I've done with the lateral forces you can feel in a car.... To be honest I never imagined I'd ever feel anything like that in a car, just makes me think how crazy it would feel with some aero..... :idea:

NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------

I have a brand new un-used AP racing manual adjustable bias valve. It has twin independant circuits for each rear wheel.

It would allow you to run aggressive rear pads, then tweak the bias to suit the conditions/track.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:21 pm 

Bram wrote:
I have a brand new un-used AP racing manual adjustable bias valve. It has twin independant circuits for each rear wheel.

It would allow you to run aggressive rear pads, then tweak the bias to suit the conditions/track.

I looked at doing this but the guy ended up suggesting using the W3's. Either way a valve is a good thing!

Heres the lap. Lots of time still in it, I just need more seat time.

Many mistakes......

NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:30 pm 

I was only gonna use the valve when i was yrying to make my sti grpn hydro handbrake work. I think a twin cylinder pedal box with adjustable balance bar be a better option. I only suggested it as i know your working hard to meet certain class restrictions, so the grp n style setup may keep you under a certain class, yet offer the adjustability.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 145 of 148   [ 1472 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148  Next