Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Liverpool exhaust?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:58 pm 

Vehicle: 99 Foz GT

Hi guys,

Has anyone had there exhaust done there? As I have a 3" turbo back exhaust from a WRX gc8 which from reading here fits but needs to be extended by 100mm and hangers raised? I rang them up asking how much they charge etc. The guy tells me that a WRX exhaust won't fit apparently due to the Knuckle of the dump pipe being to big for the forester apparently. Is he just pulling my leg and trying to sell me a system they sell? And also if anyone knows a good exhaust place around Sydney to get it fitted?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Liverpool exhaust?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:40 pm 

Vehicle: S15 silvia, Datsun260z

i wouldn't go to Liverpool Exhaust. I had a bad experience with them, many many moons ago they fit a oval muffler to my Old Silvia, when i wanted to remove a cannon exhaust from it. They welded the tip on crooked, not a little crooked, very noticeably. I didn't bother going back to get it rectified.

Around the same area, i would recommend Turbo Exhaust in Smithfield. They made 2 turbo back exhausts for me for 2 other Silvia's I've owned. They did the turbo back on my S15 and its been going great for the last 12 years with no issues.

I have heard of dump pipes fouling on a Forester, i am new to a foz, but recently went to DC jap automotive to talk about getting a dump pipe for my car. The guy mentioned that only the Hyperflow Dump would work, I wanted a Invidia, as my cat back is a G200, he said the INvidia and others fouled somewhere like you mentioned, i think he said at the steering knuckle but i could be wrong.

Rudi.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]