Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: MY04 XT JDM 4EAT to 6MT conversion - NPS ecu pin diagram
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:43 pm 

Vehicle: SG5 White

hi all...own an MY04 XT (or SG5 in my country). i've done the conversion from a 4EAT to a 6MT (running all V7 running gear). also have e-throttle.

am still running the original JDM auto ECU running ecutek mgmt on it.

now...have just found out that my AVCS is not activating, which is due to the neutral position switch not being connected.

i have been looking for a pinout diagram for the NPS to ECU but have not found a definitive example.

have any of you attempted (or know anyone who have) this swap before and got the AVCS to function?

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Post subject: Re: MY04 XT JDM 4EAT to 6MT conversion - NPS ecu pin diagram
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

I have heard of the AVCS being disabled because of the the neutral posistion sensor before. Although nothing relating to anything Auto transmission.

One thing i will say that you can check is the type of switching of the neutral switch has. What i mean is some subarus manual gearboxs have a normally closed switch and some have a normally open switch. I think they made the changes around 2004. So if you are fitting an earlier box into a later car etc then sometimes this can trip you up. From memory i think the older style was open circuit in gear, closed circuit neutral. And i think the later style was closed circuit gear, open circuit neutral.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 am 

Bram wrote:
I have heard of the AVCS being disabled because of the the neutral posistion sensor before. Although nothing relating to anything Auto transmission.

One thing i will say that you can check is the type of switching of the neutral switch has. What i mean is some subarus manual gearboxs have a normally closed switch and some have a normally open switch. I think they made the changes around 2004. So if you are fitting an earlier box into a later car etc then sometimes this can trip you up. From memory i think the older style was open circuit in gear, closed circuit neutral. And i think the later style was closed circuit gear, open circuit neutral.

thanks bram!

my guess is that when the auto box was removed, they basically cut the wires...and when the 6MT was bolted on...the NPS cables weren't reconnected. as it is...the reverse sensor which is right next to the NPS is also not hooked up - i don't have reverse lights at the mo. so...nothing really wrong with not having AVCS...maybe just a lack of power, poorer fuel consumption, slow boost build...LOL

so, i'll def check on whether the circuit is flipped. but still need to hook it up to the ecu...which i'm finding it hard to locate a diagram for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:52 pm 

I Say: I am a Subarist!
Vehicle: 06 JDM STi Foz

There is a MY04 2.0L turbo wiring diagram here: http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Forester/2004/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm 

carsubie wrote:
There is a MY04 2.0L turbo wiring diagram here: http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Forester/2004/

OMG. thanks bruh. you're a godsend! even if it turns out that this is not for the JDM ecu...it's still a great document to have.

again...thanks very much,.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm 

I Say: I am a Subarist!
Vehicle: 06 JDM STi Foz

No problem 8-)
JDM wiring diagrams are hard to come by, so that site is pretty handy.
Thanks to subyroo for posting them up here: viewtopic.php?f=154&t=55541&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]