Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Car Insurance
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:11 pm 

Vehicle: MY04-XT Lux

I use Famous car insurance on both cars, have agreed value and mods covered, no had to make any claims yet though and both cars are off road parked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:12 pm 

I Say: Beer, its so much more than a breakfast drink
Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY00 GT

I am insured through AAMI. We agreed on a replacement price irrespective of mods.

I was very suspect when i questioned them on this, but they maintained they would cover the car, with my mods.

their line of questioning when like this
"have you turbo'd a non turbo car, added nitrous, or painted in a non standard colour?" if not, all mods are above board as long as you are happy with the payout figure

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 pm 

I Say: Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers
Vehicle: Silver SG9 XTL

Question: if you select "agreed value" is your insurer required to pay the full agreed value in the event of a write-off, negligible of the actual veichle value? (Excluding excess ofcourse) Does anyone have any experience in this?

I also think that having rights to buy back the wreck is important for a modifoed veichle owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:04 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

JazzyJ wrote:
... AAMI. ...
"have you turbo'd a non turbo car, added nitrous, or painted in a non standard colour?" ...

To paraphrase Sesame Street - one of these things doesn't belong here.

Did you get a sense of what repainting had to do with anything?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:39 pm 

I Say: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Vehicle: 03XS Auto-Red;Mercedes Valente

Barefootxt wrote:
Question: if you select "agreed value" is your insurer required to pay the full agreed value in the event of a write-off, negligible of the actual veichle value? (Excluding excess ofcourse) Does anyone have any experience in this?

I also think that having rights to buy back the wreck is important for a modifoed veichle owner.

Just saw this.

If you check the policy wording in regards to "agreed value", normally you'll find that the actual value at the time of the write-off needs to be within a specified percentage of the agreed value for that amount to be paid.

You are not meant to be able to profit from insurance, so you can't deliberately over-insure your vehicle, and then expect to receive that payout.

The Red Dragon's Dyno Sheet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:30 pm 

I Say: Beer, its so much more than a breakfast drink
Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY00 GT

Yowie wrote:
JazzyJ wrote:
... AAMI. ...
"have you turbo'd a non turbo car, added nitrous, or painted in a non standard colour?" ...

To paraphrase Sesame Street - one of these things doesn't belong here.

Did you get a sense of what repainting had to do with anything?

I chose to totally ignore the ridiculousness of it all and just concentrated on the vague statement that i could modify to my hearts content.

Maybe they were still living in autosalon days, when a $10k airbrush job on a bog stock hyundai excel was supposed to be cool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 pm 

Vehicle: MY04 XT

Stupid Just car! Why are you closing down!?
So here's my situation. I wonder if anyone is in the same and could help me out...
I was using Just cars 3rd party fire and theft as I am fairly confident with my driving safety and have never been in an accident of any sort. What I am not confident with is my car not being a perfect joyriding target, and luckily as last year my car was broken in to and all the wiring hacked up in a crappy attempt to steal the car.
Nice thing about just car is I could insure my car ('04 Xt highly modified) for 10k + some extra value in the mods like rims etc. so it was only a few thousand under what i think the car is worth.
I had a look at the AAMI policy and while they do cover modifications, they are only willing to go up to 7.5k on the car, and if i want to salvage it, they will offer it back to me basically what they paid me out! Crappy huh!? So basically I'm devaluing my car to half its value...
Anyone have a decent alternative to AAMI. The positive of this policy is that it costs just over $300 which is nice! But I really wouldn't mind paying an extra hundred to get it insured for its full 15k value.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:35 pm 

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Silver

It seems like you had an incredible deal with Just cars or the best ever postcode, I've never seen an highly modified 04 XT with policy at $400 with agreed value at $15k I just cant see it being possible anymore. I have an 04XT and the only insurer i could get an agreed value on was QBE ($11k for lightly modded) comprehensive, I literally tried every insurer, I'm over 40, clean driving, no claims etc, effectively best case insurance scenario and I still pay a f'cking fortune.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:18 pm 

Vehicle: MY04 XT

Yes, it seems that way... I don't understand why insurance agencies won't just insure for an agreed amount on fire and theft though... very odd.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT -

I have a quote through Shannons that I'm still yet to finalize. Shannons quoted $1000 for a agreed value of $25000 on my 2010 XT, with all mods itemized on the quote.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3