Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: SH Auto with VF46 - PULP vs E85
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:48 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Cheers for the extra notes. :thumbs:

Regarding:-

Quote:
Boost kicks in at 2500RPM - Fully boosted at 3000RPM

How much quicker is boost kicking in on E85 than on petrol (approx, if you remember)?

Also. what is the off-boost daily drivability like with E85/VF52?

I would describe the E85/VF46 combination as "quite urgent/willing/responsive" for normal driving but i can't tell if that's predominantly from running more timing advance (on E85) in vacuum conditions or the fact that there is now just more inlet manifold pressure under most driving conditions (on account of more exhaust gas spinning up the turbine most of the time on E85).

Post subject: Re: SH Auto with VF46 - PULP vs E85
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 am 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

Yowie wrote:
Cheers for the extra notes. :thumbs:

Regarding:-

Quote:
Boost kicks in at 2500RPM - Fully boosted at 3000RPM

How much quicker is boost kicking in on E85 than on petrol (approx, if you remember)?

Also. what is the off-boost daily drivability like with E85/VF52?

I would describe the E85/VF46 combination as "quite urgent/willing/responsive" for normal driving but i can't tell if that's predominantly from running more timing advance (on E85) in vacuum conditions or the fact that there is now just more inlet manifold pressure under most driving conditions (on account of more exhaust gas spinning up the turbine most of the time on E85).

The Boost came on at around 2700-2800RPM on 98 - Rationale is that the tune can be more aggressive due to the higher octane rating.

Drivability is like you described, but more power quicker with E85. The tune I have also changed the throttle map, so that the pedal also reflects requested torque - A Kiddo Racing specialty. The power now comes on smooth, strong and very predictable, were as the previous tune came on late and hard, ok for straight lines, but not very useable.

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Headers & Up-pipe Lava wrapped, Large TMIC, GFB BPV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x inj, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2