Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Hitch mounted accessories holder
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Bit of cross posting to my build thread but for those that don't browse through there here's the link, hope it gives you guys some ideas :)

viewtopic.php?p=1046990#p1046990

Next on the list - Silicon intake hoses/Kap Catchcan/Grimspeed AOS/VF46/Retune -> Lift & 225/65/17 D697s

Post subject: Re: Hitch mounted accessories holder
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:41 am 

I Say: very little. It always gets me into trouble ...
Vehicle: MY07 X MT

With that on the back, it'd be a bit of a bugger getting into the rear with the shopping.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:20 pm 

It's not permanently mounted, not sure why you'd carry all your gear around town 24/7 haha

Next on the list - Silicon intake hoses/Kap Catchcan/Grimspeed AOS/VF46/Retune -> Lift & 225/65/17 D697s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:01 pm 

bakerboy-V2.0 wrote:
It's not permanently mounted, not sure why you'd carry all your gear around town 24/7 haha
Bit of a figure of speech. When you're "out there" with that on the back, you may still want/need access to the cargo area.
<--- look left.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:08 pm 

1 pin and loosen a bolt, not much more difficult than other rear carriers, darn sight cheaper though and I have the option of only having it on when I need it :)

If I wanted to do real touring I would have got another 4wd and gone to town on it, the foz will satisfy my weekender trips :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm 

bakerboy-V2.0 wrote:
1 pin and loosen a bolt, not much more difficult than other rear carriers, darn sight cheaper though and I have the option of only having it on when I need it :)
vs two clasps and it hinges down so I don't have to support the full weight. Two bolts and it is removed from the vehicle - I don't have it on when I don't need it either. To each his own I guess.

bakerboy-V2.0 wrote:
If I wanted to do real touring I would have got another 4wd and gone to town on it, the foz will satisfy my weekender trips :)
The Foz is quite capable of both roles.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:17 am 

zippo wrote:
bakerboy-V2.0 wrote:
The Foz is quite capable of both roles.

I guess my version of 4wding will differ, I have no doubt it will be fine on sand but 4wding as such I certainly won't be pushing it :lol:

Attachments:
P1050089.jpg
P1050089.jpg [ 353.62 KiB | Viewed 270 times ]
IMG_1434-1.jpg
IMG_1434-1.jpg [ 308.04 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:44 am 

Vehicle: MY06 XT

Ive been thinking the same thing but for a winch.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]