Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2" Lift Kit
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:23 pm 

I Say: Got a stock as a rock MY05 XT... Gonna slowly modify as budget is tighter than a nun's you know what
Vehicle: MY05 XT - Metallic Silver

Hey Nachaluva...
Can you send me details on purchasing 2inch trailing arm spacers as I'm in the process of buying struts and 30mm raised springsand rear camber bolts to go with the 2inch strut spacers I already have...
Cheers...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Charcaol Grey

Hi Nachaluva, thanks for a great thread - I would normally brush aside lift kits as unnecessary expense, but the way you describe the work you've done to develop them, I bow and congratulate you on your efforts!

Are you back from the Outback trip yet and what did your testing of the lift kit reveal?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:08 pm 

I Say: I like to breathe underwater ;)
Vehicle: '97 Forester

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Yes, I got back a few months ago & have been flat out doing kits lol. It's been crazy!

There were 7 Subarus on the trip. My SF Forester, an SG Forester & a gen 2 Lib all on my lift kits. There were also 3 Brumbies & a L series each with other's kits.

Conditions were pretty severe. We missed a few of the early tracks because of the floods & got back on schedule on the Gunbarrel & Gary Hwys. They were both heavily rutted & esp the Gunbarrel was in poor condition. At one point 3 cars got deeply bogged to the sills a total of 8 times, including yours truly lol :lol:

Even the main roads were in very poor conditions because of the floods. One Brumby lost the front suspension at 80kmh when the lower control arm front bushing bolt snapped, no doubt due to metal fatigue from the never ending, brutal corrugations. :o

2 Brumbies snapped rear bolts on the lift kits & the L series had the captive nuts ripped out from the front when it hit a termite mound. :o

The 3 Subies with my kits only had minor issues. Eg, I suffered a cracked windscreen, 2x cracked headlights & a cracked spotlight. My central locking is a bit squeaky now & the reverse lights are only intermittently working. & I had 2 bolts on the roof rack come loose.

So I learnt a lot, one thing being that I've been right on the money designing my kits the way I have. Sure, it might be more difficult & expensive to manufacture, but they have proven themselves to be highly durable under extreme conditions. A total of 10,000kms of brutal corrugations, washouts, potholes, bogs, floods, camels & kangaroos was an excellent test & I'm rapt with the way my kits performed! :mrgreen: :drinks:

saggy bum spacers; 1" HDPE lift kits; 2" laser cut lift kits with camber & caster offset
rear trailing arm spacers; rear subframe spacer kits
CAD designed, CNC machined
LIFT KITS FROM MILD TO WILD!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:28 am 

Vehicle: MY11 SH 2.5 xs

That's good to hear it went well Matt.
Can't wait till mine is installed and I can do some testing in gravel and mud oversteer scenarios!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:27 am 

12paddyman12 wrote:
That's good to hear it went well Matt.
Can't wait till mine is installed and I can do some testing in gravel and mud oversteer scenarios!

I bet! Looking forward to some pics :mrgreen:

saggy bum spacers; 1" HDPE lift kits; 2" laser cut lift kits with camber & caster offset

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:39 pm 

Vehicle: MY07 Columbia X

I've got a set of your 2" strut top spacers and the trailing arm spacers already, but just wondering about also fitting some subframe spacers. Would these level out the CV drive shafts a bit more, and are they for front and rear or rear only?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:50 pm 

J_D wrote:
I've got a set of your 2" strut top spacers and the trailing arm spacers already, but just wondering about also fitting some subframe spacers. Would these level out the CV drive shafts a bit more, and are they for front and rear or rear only?

Hey J_D,

What is it on? I'm guessing a SF or SG Forester, if so there's no need. A 2" lift kit is a standard lift, if in good condition the CVs & boots handle it fine. If the boots are old & deteriorated they might crack, just reboot them (with genuine Subaru boots only) & you're good to go!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:45 pm 

Vehicle: MY07 Columbia X

Nachaluva wrote:
J_D wrote:

Hey J_D,

What is it on? I'm guessing a SF or SG Forester, if so there's no need. A 2" lift kit is a standard lift, if in good condition the CVs & boots handle it fine. If the boots are old & deteriorated they might crack, just reboot them (with genuine Subaru boots only) & you're good to go!

It's an SG, I've just replaced one front shaft but still got clicking so will have to tackle the other side tomorrow. Bastard of a job.
I was just wondering if the spacers might help the new shafts live a bit longer....

Cheers,
John

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:04 pm 

J_D wrote:
Nachaluva wrote:
J_D wrote:

Hey J_D,

It's an SG, I've just replaced one front shaft but still got clicking so will have to tackle the other side tomorrow. Bastard of a job.
I was just wondering if the spacers might help the new shafts live a bit longer....

Cheers,
John

PMd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 pm 

Been a while since I've posted up some of the products I have, so time for an update...

I now have 1" & 2" lift kits for:

All models of Forester
All models of Outback
All models of Impreza
All models of XV Crosstrek
Tribeca coming soon!

They are CAD designed & CNC laser cut 6mm steel, & professionally rustproofed in a 5 stage bath then powdercoated

Older models use trailing arm spacers, these are for SF/SG Forester, GC/GD Impreza; gen 2 Outback:
Image2'' Trailing Arm Spacer V4 1

CAD designed & CNC laser cut 6mm steel
Image2'' Trailing Arm Spacer V4 02

Gen 3, gen 4 trailing arm spacers, tricky design!
Image20170112_180442

Newer models with the multilink rear suspension need a rear subframe spacer kit. This is how part of the kit looks fitted:
ImageSubframe 2'' main & front spacers Fitted 02-2

The new design of CNC laser cut 6mm subframe front support spacer. These have been tacked in the jig & are ready for welding
Image20170109_125616

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next