Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SE Qld Subaru Mechanics
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:10 am 

I Say: Hurp Durp
Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Timing belt is at 100k too, had mine booked in today but couldn't go because of my cat requiring a visit to the vet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:07 pm 

Vehicle: 2016 shopping trolley CR-V Modern Steel

craig_ wrote:
weaponofchoice wrote:
When I called for a quote re the timing belt at Boxer Service, the lady on the phone would have to have been the rudest person I have ever spoken to! I'd avoid like the plague.

Wow, not my experience. That's for sure.

+1 for that.
Belinda is very understanding and nice to deal with, plus for a woman to know and understand as much as she does about Subaru's is absolutely rare indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm 

Vehicle: MY07 XT

B-McLeod wrote:
Timing belt is at 100k too, had mine booked in today but couldn't go because of my cat requiring a visit to the vet.

Timing belt should be at 125k as per Craigs post. I guess a little earlier for peace of mind though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:25 pm 

Vehicle: MY07 XT

subyroo wrote:
craig_ wrote:
weaponofchoice wrote:
When I called for a quote re the timing belt at Boxer Service, the lady on the phone would have to have been the rudest person I have ever spoken to! I'd avoid like the plague.

Wow, not my experience. That's for sure.

+1 for that.
Belinda is very understanding and nice to deal with, plus for a woman to know and understand as much as she does about Subaru's is absolutely rare indeed.

Well I guess I should elaborate. I do all my servicing except the timing belt / water pump, so when I said I wanted a quote for the timing belt/water pump, she first of all said what year is it? I said its a late SG model. She said along the lines of "I need to know the year or the VIn" me thinking the engines are pretty much the same if not identical in that department for 03-08 SG's...anyway I said the rego. She abruptly said "Its an 07 model". Yes, even though I updated my car through QT as it was always reg as a 2006 model, not 07 (so if she punched my number in last year she would have told me its an 06 model??) . Anyway I I said I'd like my water pump done too as the car will be nearing nearing 220k kms. She said "you dont need the water pump unless its leaking!" ...again abruptly. Well surely its up to me whether I want the original water pump removed while the cam belt is out.......anyway this conversation lasted about 5 minutes too long and has definitely put me off this place and will obviously be going elsewhere.

Also $280 for a minor service! Good quality synthetic oil + oem filter + oem upper engine cleaner can - <$100 and 15 minutes of time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:05 pm 

Vehicle: 2016 shopping trolley CR-V Modern Steel

weaponofchoice wrote:

+1 for that.
Belinda is very understanding and nice to deal with, plus for a woman to know and understand as much as she does about Subaru's is absolutely rare indeed.[/quote]

weaponofchoice wrote:
Well I guess I should elaborate. I do all my servicing except the timing belt / water pump, so when I said I wanted a quote for the timing belt/water pump, she first of all said what year is it? I said its a late SG model. She said along the lines of "I need to know the year or the VIn" me thinking the engines are pretty much the same if not identical in that department for 03-08 SG's...anyway I said the rego. She abruptly said "Its an 07 model". Yes, even though I updated my car through QT as it was always reg as a 2006 model, not 07 (so if she punched my number in last year she would have told me its an 06 model??) . Anyway I I said I'd like my water pump done too as the car will be nearing nearing 220k kms. She said "you dont need the water pump unless its leaking!" ...again abruptly. Well surely its up to me whether I want the original water pump removed while the cam belt is out.......anyway this conversation lasted about 5 minutes too long and has definitely put me off this place and will obviously be going elsewhere.

Also $280 for a minor service! Good quality synthetic oil + oem filter + oem upper engine cleaner can - <$100 and 15 minutes of time.

We all have different experiences with Mechanical Workshops and Dealerships, in the end we go with what we find best and works for us, it's a shame that your experience was not the same as mine because they do excellent work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:43 pm 

I Say: I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Vehicle: MY05 XTL - Black

I just learned (over time) to do it all myself. It does pay to have good people you can ask for advice though.

housemusik wrote:
H-are wrote:
Are you going 6 speed for the strength of it?
I just want to do skids bro :lol: DCCD ftw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:43 pm 

Vehicle: MY16 Outback Diesel Premium

For Southern GC folk you could try Subicare in Murwillumbah

They've been looking after our two for the last 3.5 years

2016-Present MY16 Forester tS
2016-Present MY16 Outback Diesel Premium
2006-Present MY04 Impreza GX
2007-2016 MY04 Liberty GT Premium
2005-2007 MY00 Forester GT Luxo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:10 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT - Charcoal

Looking for opinions based on experience:
For a non-modified XT, would it be better to have a major service done at a factory Subaru dealer as opposed to the mechanics listed here?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 pm 

Vehicle: MY16 Outback Diesel Premium

I got my stock standard Liberty GT serviced at Boxer Service from when it was about 2.5 years of age, I had a really bad run with dealerships immediately prior.

I found boxer service super attentive.

2016-Present MY16 Forester tS
2016-Present MY16 Outback Diesel Premium
2006-Present MY04 Impreza GX
2007-2016 MY04 Liberty GT Premium
2005-2007 MY00 Forester GT Luxo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:42 am 

Vehicle: MY10 XT

I always found with my Liberty the dealer was ALWAYS 20-30% more for general servicing and always came up with a list of apx $5k worth of repairs that my car urgently needed. It's been 5 years since this and believe it or not... A dead battery is the only thing that's gone wrong with it. John French did the timing belt on her for a good price and that's when I'm never going back to the subaru dealers... Bye Felicia!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next