Change font size
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Does anyone know this car?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:22 pm 

Vehicle: my07 Xt urban grey

Howdy,

Been a while since I've been on the forum...

Just wondering if anyone know's anything about this car https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... 6002/?Cr=7 ?

It's got what looks like wrx or sti twin pipe mufflers, which are on the P***, a blue line inside the engine bay near the intercooler, mesh grill with the F badge and sti badge, as well as a boost gauge? in the driver side air vent. Also I spy a s-drive unit like in the sti's.
Now I know the S Edition only came out with the 5spd auto. So i'm puzzled why its got the diff controller switch panel.

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know this car?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:53 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

I don't know the car but it seems decent with low KMs at a good price. Check its service history as obviously owned by an enthusiast as some stage so best it has been maintained well.

The blue line/tube would be for the boost gauge.

The centre console is for looks as the S-Drive would not work. Interesting that they replaced the auto gear surround with a manual surround.

It has a painted bonnet scope.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:14 pm 

Ha well ain't I a twat how did I not put two and two together for the boost gauge (face palm)
Good spot with the scoop, I can't say I even noticed that aye, and I've spent a while going through the photos.
Yeah the surround on the gear lever got me as well, it's def had some cash thrown at it and it looks in pretty dam good nick.
What gets me is why would you buy a s-drive just for looks, makes no sense at all.
Anyways cheers for the reply, I'll try get down there for a look over

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:29 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

There are many things in the car scene which make no sense. If you have a few spare minutes, jump over to Fozmafia on Facebook and thou shall see things which will leave you in utter disbelief.

If you purchase the car, take it back to the dealer complaining that the S-Drive does not work and request a partial refund. They have a duty of care to disclose it to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm 

Dunno dude, dodgy boost gauge install, manual shifter! Where's the engine cover? It's got a wrx sti centre console including armrest. As above the S-Drive? Also has a 2016 on wrx or Sti exhaust as I know they twist like that when fitted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:45 pm 

This one looks a bit more legit, private sale $20 grand, 88000km.

Check out this Subaru Forester.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... AD-5769143

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 pm 

Tobyo wrote:
There are many things in the car scene which make no sense. If you have a few spare minutes, jump over to Fozmafia on Facebook and thou shall see things which will leave you in utter disbelief.

If you purchase the car, take it back to the dealer complaining that the S-Drive does not work and request a partial refund. They have a duty of care to disclose it to you.

yeah you got the right Tobyo, they say it takes all sorts to make up the world :-/ I honestly doubt the dealer would have a clue what the hell the switch panel even does.. The idea of looking was to look at trading off the sti I have and get something a little more practical, I regret even selling my old foz in the first place, it just made sense with a marriage break up and selling the house. Sort of gave me a reason to go to work.
I was only interested as it seemed like a pretty well looked after car, though I honestly would prefer a manual, but the market is pretty dry in Perth...

Berjo wrote:
Dunno dude, dodgy boost gauge install, manual shifter! Where's the engine cover? It's got a wrx sti centre console including armrest. As above the S-Drive? Also has a 2016 on wrx or Sti exhaust as I know they twist like that when fitted.

I hate the boost gauge setup, I can imagine that backlight would be bloody horrible at night too, Someone's def spent some cash, god knows why they would go to that extreme though.. I'd want a R400 exhaust like what I have on my sti, it makes all the right noise..
I'm just gonna keep me eye out for "the perfect car" haha.. And it's not like I hate my subi, I just don't get much use as my gran struggles to get in and out of it, so I get stuck driving her Mazda 2 S*** box...

Cheers fella's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:18 am 

I Say: Embrace the Grind
Vehicle: Regal Blue 05 XT Lux manual

easiest way is to check the logbook and see where it's been serviced and ask them

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 pm 

Berjo wrote:

Wouldn't get much more perfect than this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:24 pm 

Berjo wrote:
Berjo wrote:

Wouldn't get much more perfect than this one.

Without a doubt it looks like a goer, also seems it was orig up for $23,500...
Two lady owners doesn't fill me with joy though. Haha

lefty wrote:
easiest way is to check the logbook and see where it's been serviced and ask them

yeah that's true

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]