Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7047 of 7056   [ 70559 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7044, 7045, 7046, 7047, 7048, 7049, 7050 ... 7056  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Perth Boredom Thread !
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm 

I Say: Get the money, dollar dollar bill ya'll

Haven’t been on here in ages!!
How’s everyone going?

Good to see you’re doing more out of work work Bram
I helped my mate swap the auto box in his 80 series a few months back. Made every other gearbox I’ve worked with look tiny. We legit had to take a door off and use an engine crane through the car to get it into place!

Foz is still the same as it was a few years ago. It’s fine on the street but I need to sort the over-boosting issue when tracked, fit the quick rack steering and get a proper wheel alignment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:30 am 

Vehicle: BNR32GTR GDWRX SF5GT

yeah i have no idea how i'm going to get my new one in, gonna be fun thats for sure :lol:

Just a lil push off the cliff of procrastination

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 pm 

If worst comes to worst there’s that DIY garage in Malaga. Pretty sure they’ve got tranny jacks to suit their hoists

I saw the light swapping gearboxes at Subaru with those jacks :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 am 

yeah i got a gearbox jack attachment for my jack, it sits so bloody high though, had to roll it off the jack once i got it backed off the motor, it workedquite well, i should be able to drag new one under there & with some carefully place scissor jacks get it back up onto the tranny jack and then dock it back into place, its a bit involved thought with the bulge in the starter fouling on the firewall, so halfway out i needed to rotate the box & transfer to clear, so yeah going back in is going to be fun :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am 

lol, just had a flashback to your 6spd in install, you covered in gear oil on the floor wrestling with the box to get it in, me and mike loosing it laughing in the engine bay trying to get enough tilt back on the engine, hahaha fun times

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

I have that exact same transmission attachment. It works well. Only issue i had is i had to turn down the pin that centers into the jack (with a cordless angle grinder). It does sit high, but i have learnt that when doing trans swaps to always get the car uo really high before i start. I usually put a few bits of lumber under the jack stands to space tgem up another 200mm or so. It gives you plenty of sace to work under neath and allows the gearbox room to manouver.

EDIT. I think i also flipped the threaded block that you use to adjust the tilt. I think i redrilled it and flipped it around to get the deck a bit lower or modify the way the adjustment works??? I think to get the threaded handle knob a bit more parralell or something like that. Been too long now haha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:43 pm 

yeah i was going to redrill the pin on the right so it sat lower, would still not be low enough though, and the adjustment tilt-know thing is frikkin useless when its so heavy and the transfer case is bolted up too, i just put a scissor jack between the trolley jack and back of transfer case, worked heaps better

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 pm 

I might have to invest in one of those. Man-handled the cruiser box and transfer in the other month when I swapped the clutch. Forgot how much fun it was bench pressing an unbalanced weight :lol:

Oh, that was classic!! Fark that fluid stank as well! Totally worth it though

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:54 pm 

I Say: Rumo is about to get raped
Vehicle: White 04 JDM bitza

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/ ... b88746958z

"member of the public" was yours truly. Coppers taking a bit too much credit for the apprehension too...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Lol. I wouldn't wanna be brought down by you ya big ape.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7047 of 7056   [ 70559 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7044, 7045, 7046, 7047, 7048, 7049, 7050 ... 7056  Next