Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: SH9 AC Compressor compatibility
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:17 am 

Vehicle: MY09 X - Silver

Hi,
I need to replace the A/C clutch on my SH9 Forester X and just wanted to make sure the secondhand replacement parts are correct.
It looks like I'll have to purchase the entire compressor to get just the clutch and bearing.

My current one is:
Comp Model: Valeo DKV 10R
Part Number: 73111FG000

Most of the 'DKV 10R' compressors have a slightly different part number, ending in 1 on 2, or a brand other than Valeo.
The compressor looks the same as mine, but are they actually compatible?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: SH9 AC Compressor compatibility
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 am 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

Cant help with the part number but thought I'd mention that ' some ' of the compressors used by subaru have a shim behind the clutch if your having problems with it engaging .... Worth a look if that's the issue .
It made a free easy repair for me quite awhile back .

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 pm 

cam99 wrote:
Cant help with the part number but thought I'd mention that ' some ' of the compressors used by subaru have a shim behind the clutch if your having problems with it engaging .... Worth a look if that's the issue .
It made a free easy repair for me quite awhile back .

Thanks for the info but the clutch is definitely cooked. Well actually the bearing is, but with how much of the internals had melted I thought safer to replace the entire clutch.

Found plenty on line that look the same but different model numbers.

Anyone else here have any idea if Part Number: 73111FG000 is the same as Part Number: 73111FG002 ?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:59 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Just get a new (non gen) compressor fitted and gassed from your local autospark / AC shop.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:40 pm 

Bram wrote:
Just get a new (non gen) compressor fitted and gassed from your local autospark / AC shop.

The prices for new compatible compressors (not from a Subaru dealer) range from $600 to over $1000. Secondhand I can get for $100 - $300. And my compressor is actually fine, I'm really just buying for the clutch.
I've got someone who has the tools to swap it over. Might just have to take a chance and buy the closest looking one.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

I do this for a living. And know from experience how frustating it can be to muck around replacing a clutch/bearing only to disturb the front seal and have to do it all properly anyways.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 am 

Bram wrote:
I do this for a living. And know from experience how frustating it can be to muck around replacing a clutch/bearing only to disturb the front seal and have to do it all properly anyways.

I won't be doing the install, but yes having spoke to a few people now it's agreed that replacing the entire compressor is the better way to go in the long run.
Even though they appear the same, the difference in part number does matter. I've got a correct one on hold for me for $220 (around 100,00km on it). Others were between $250 - $350 second hand.
Thanks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]