Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 9   [ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY: Replacing SH Forester Nav unit with aftermarket unit
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:03 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Pro tip

If you buy the same unit as clayq and myself the aerpro double din adapter kit won't work, order the replacement fascia either off ebay or aliexpress, ordered one today for $44

Next on the list - Silicon intake hoses/Kap Catchcan/Grimspeed AOS/VF46/Retune -> Lift & 225/65/17 D697s

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:06 pm 

I Say: Fozzy fozzy fozzy, oi oi oi!
Vehicle: 2011 Forester S-Edition WRB

bakerboy-V2.0 wrote:
Pro tip

If you buy the same unit as clayq and myself the aerpro double din adapter kit won't work, order the replacement fascia either off ebay or aliexpress, ordered one today for $44

Quoted for truth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 pm 

Vehicle: 2008 MY09 F XTP

I used the aerpro facia for my SH, does the job but will agree with the others, get the proper one for a cleaner look!

I got my headunit working correctly too with the steering controls, had to cut the wires to suit the Kenwood headunit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:03 pm 

You have a brand name unit though, none of the holes lined up with the aerpro one on mine, but the factory mounts are perfect

Next on the list - Silicon intake hoses/Kap Catchcan/Grimspeed AOS/VF46/Retune -> Lift & 225/65/17 D697s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:32 am 

Just an update on the pinout listed in the NASIOC forum to shows the Aerpro harness colours

Let me know if you have anything different

Attachments:
Aerpro 24pin.PNG
Aerpro 24pin.PNG [ 15.47 KiB | Viewed 34 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:15 pm 

Progress update

Standard harness and steering wheel controls working a treat, changed mute to toggle between torque pro and standard home screen

Made a harness to use the stock hands free microphone but it doesn't work, followed a pin out on the forums and jumped the right pins but no joy. I am using a stereo plug but both left and right and soldered as one so it should work, shouldn't it? More research needed there

My fm radio antenna adapter is on back order

Dab+ apparently doesn't work with this unit -.- but will try a few different options

Need to grab an rca plug to hook up the camera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:53 pm 

I Say: Fozzy fozzy fozzy, oi oi oi!
Vehicle: 2011 Forester S-Edition WRB

I read about a lot of broken dreams from that OEM BT MIC - decided to just replace it :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:33 am 

Vehicle: 2008 MY09 F XTP

I have soldered up a connector for the factory headunit to use a microphone to enable bluetooth, I don't remember soldering L and R together, so that is more then likely your problem.

For the sake of $10 or so I would just run a fresh one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:38 pm 

Not connecting a mic to a factory unit, I'm trying to use the factory mic with the new head unit.

Won't bother adding another mic as I rarely use it, would have just been nice to reuse existing parts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 2.5XT Premium - Dark Grey

I thought I'd try using the Joying head unit without an external mic and the feedback I've had is that the built in mic on the front of the head unit does the job quite happily. :thumbs:
Serving suggestion only, results may vary.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 9   [ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next