Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Mishimoto compact catch can (crank case) on strut tower (SH)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:24 am 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

Nice work :ok:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:37 am 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

The following diagram (?) is my suggested routing, adapters, sizes, etc if you discard the OEM F-piece and replace it with an off-the-shelf 1/2" T-piece:-

Please note:-

(a) The "19mm to 13mm" adapter looks a bit big in the photo because I didn't have a true "19mm to 13mm" adapter handy. Read the notes, don't worry about the scale in the photo;

(b) Apart from the indicated sizes, the actual hose and fittings material & shape is up to you. The picture just uses some leftover bits I had. Personally I would use metal catch can fittings. Also, if the "kink" in the OEM 16mm to 13mm adapter doesn't work for your routing then try a shorter straight 16mm to 13mm adapter (metal or plastic);

(c) If there turns out to be some value in an OEM-sized (6mm) restrictor in the pipe to the turbo inlet, sorting that out will be the trickiest part of gathering the parts for your hose-and-adapter setup. If anyone knows of a simple solution that doesn't require a lathe please post it in this thread.

(d) the pieces of gravel are optional.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 am 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

The following diagram (?) is my suggested routing, adapters, sizes, etc if you USE an OEM F-piece:-

Please note:-

(e) even though the cardboard still says "6mm restriction", obviously you don't need that with the OEM F-piece;

(f) if you think your catch-can is enough of a restriction, drill out the 4.8mm hole in the "fat end" (19mm ID) of the F-piece so that it is more-or-less free flowing. I don't think it matters if it's identical to the inside diameter of a connecting hose;

(g) obviously you'll need TWO "19mm to 13mm" adapters (one after the blue plastic elbow, one before the F-piece). My lack of spares is letting the diagram down a bit;

(h) I haven't actually tried routing hoses in the engine bay with a 2009+ F-piece and/or the "kinky" OEM 16mm to 13mm adapter. A quick mockup indicated to me that it could be made to work since you have a lot of room under the intercooler to play with and these lengths of rubber hoses are pretty flexible. Eg the T/F-piece could be further to the driver's side to accommodate the kinky adapter. If you have more cash than patience, perhaps start the job with a few more adapters than you think you'll need and keep your options open for routing. I'd be interested to see pictures if you get something working with either/both of those OEM parts.

(I) obviously don't use a broken F-piece. Also, bears sh!t in the woods and the Pope is Catholic.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3