Change font size
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Rear diff temp
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:37 pm 

Vehicle: 2010 subaru forester

I'm having issues with my rear diff temp sensor plug coming out. I plug it back in and upon inspection the plug fits in very loosely. Is there anyway that I can cut the original plug and replace it? Any help on what I need to get would be highly appreciated

Post subject: Re: Rear diff temp
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Which part is broken? The plug (connector with wires) or the recepticle (connector built into sensor)

If its the plug thats bad. (Broken retainer clip or something) You might be able to buy a replacement and de-pin and replace the connector. Or buy a connector with terminals and wire seals and replace the entire thing.

I have found many of the electrical connectors Subaru use are made by Sumitomo Wiring Systems. (SWS) And some of them are available for purchase online if you can identify the connector. The problem is SWS is a massive and there are literally hundreds of different plugs, from dozens and dozens of series/families. And then quite ofter there will be muliltiple variations of each connector, with different key-ways etc.

And thays provided it is a SWS connector, as Subaru dont use them exclusively. If it is SWS, then you can search thier website with pictures and try and identify the connector series/model. From there look for a retailer.

Im pretty good at getting OEM connectors as I quite often do re-wires etc. And have had to learn where to source the OEM connectors for Subaru and other common Jap engines (sr/rb etc). I havent had to get a subaru diff temp sensor connector, but I have found practically every engine connector used on the various subaru turbo engines.
(MAP/TPS/MAF/E-throttle/AVCS/Crank/Cam/alternator/injector/ign-coil/BCS/ECT/IACV and also random connectors used for things like lights)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]