Change font size
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 6:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: SF5 wiring under dash
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:13 am 

Vehicle: JDM SF STi Pure White

So, i am having an issue with some wiring under the dash in my SF5 STi (<04/2000)

I went on and installed a dashcam yesterday, including a rear facing camera. Tucked away the cables all nice and clean. Then i tried to figure out where to connect power to the thing. During that process i removed a fair bit of cabling that was no longer required (japanese toll collect system and JDM Kenwood SatNav/TV combo).

While i had my head down under the drivers side dash, i took a look at the cabling down there - it's how i figured what cables could be removed - and discovered a bunch of unconnected plugs. The easiest ones were the two green and two black ones, i know those are diagnostic ones.

Then there's a 14 pin connector on the part of HVAC that is right behind the headunit, plug is pointing towards drivers side. No idea what it is, there's no mating connector, but i think that one doesn't really matter.

The one of most interest to me is an 8 pin one. The cable from the Kenwood combo is connected to it, which is a piggyback connector. So basically a spliced connection, but with plugs. The other end of the cable that is part of the car goes to the back of the in-cabin fuse box (and probably other places). I took a voltmeter to it and found the usual stuff that might be needed for a headunit: GND, Battery, Ign, Light. But it's an 8 pin plug, so there's more. The kenwood loom had a wire with a diode connected between loom and SatNav and had a label saying "S Sensor" which sounds an awful lot like speed sensor and makes sense to connect to a navigation system of that age. But there's more cables which i can't figure out what they're for.

I already sifted through the wiring diagrams of an MY01 SF Forester but couldn't find that plug. Might be because the looms were different between MY00 and MY01, or due to some other reason.

Does anyone know about this connector?
I'll try to get a photo of it tomorrow.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]