Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 09 XT Premium Sat Nav questions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 am 

I Say: This one is staying stock...
Vehicle: GC8Track/NFIIFairlane/MY12STi

:lol:

Yeah I know there are better options just so wierd the phone option has vanished. :dontknow:

GC8 Track build - http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43199
NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm 

Vehicle: my11 XT silver

FzYWzY wrote:
do your self a favor and Frisbee it, seriously... piece of crap, get something with apple car play or android auto.
I have done A LOT of research, talking to Subaru and forum surfing regarding the POC (piece of crap). the only phone that worked with it was an old style blackberry and an apple iPhone 3 or 4 - the original not a 4S and even then it was sketchy at best. The maps are out of date or super expensive to get. Android auto for example uses google maps from your phone poi and maps constantly updated for free.. if you are worried about data, well it uses stuff all.. unless you stream music etc, great for city, bad for deep country driving where cell phone reception is limited.

Trust me on this one, go down to your autobarn autopro, whatever, find the most affordable one you can find and get it installed. you will realize just how painful your life was when you had that kenwood POC!! and if you ever saw me down the street, i would be guaranteed a hug, because i just saved your life and ended your kenwood POC pain and suffering..

just imagine this.. you driving down the road and you decide that you want a nice piece of vanilla slice, you say (ok google... direct me to the nearest place that sells vanilla slice... google responds with Yes my master i will direct you to the nearest place with vanilla slice, i also noticed that you haven't had your daily coffee so i have taken the liberty of directing you to a cafe that specializes in coffee and vanilla slice).. and off you go!! now i would put down the operation of that kenwood POC but i dont think the words would be very appreciated! just imagine tears, screaming and adult mega tantrums :lol:

There are some really good decks out there and with some great features, where you pay big bucks is for audiophile crap or built in SATNAV.

your smart phone has what you need sitting right there in your center console.

HAHAH yeah im still raw about it even though i turfed mine a few months ago! :x and i do like vanilla slice and coffee....mmmmmmmm

Yep. I got sick after 1 week of stock stereo so spent my turbo upgrade budget on a new system, I installed the head unit last night and it already sounds better. Tonights job is installing sub and speakers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:33 pm 

Now the 'Phone' tab under the menu button is back..... was flashing on and off while I was driving. Me thinks a plug or wire must be loose.

NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 am 

Can I please get a few ideas on what exact models you have gone with in terms of aftermarket HU's?

The stock GPS unit simply will not pair properly with the Mrs iPhone.

Basically I just want to get a unit that uses her iPhone for everything... Streaming music, hands free, maps etc etc... oh and steering wheel controls. Budget probably around the $500 mark.

Thanks!

NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

Post subject: 09 XT Premium Sat Nav questions
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:46 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

When I looked at head units there were a few things I considered:
- Did I want Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay? Some HUs come with one only, others come with both.
- Did I want built in navigation or rely on my phone for Google Maps or Apple Maps? Keep in mind that there may be a cost to keep built in navigation up to date.
- What size screen eg 6.2” vs 7”?
- Did I want capacity touch screen or resistive touch screen? Capacity looks nicer but gets glare.
- How many USB inputs?
- How many band equaliser?
- Did I want DAB radio?
- Did I want CD/DVD?
- How many camera inputs?

The above are in order of what I considered important.

Pioneer and Kenwood seem to have good reputations.

Buying online can save many $$. Check out Strathfield Car Radio, Ryda, Frankies Auto and others.

Eventually I went with a Pioneer AVH-5150BT. It provided most of what I wanted at the right price. No complaints so far.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm 

Vehicle: 2008 MY09 F XTP

jonp is bang on.

I have the Kenwood DDX9017DABS. Great screen, lots of inputs.

Digital radio reception with the onglass antenna is pretty **** - I don't even use it unfortunately. I still use FM with the factory antenna.

Otherwise can't fault it.

Android auto is awesome. I could never consider a headunit without it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2