Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: SH9 Bluetooth Audio Streaming + Calls
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP Forester

Rodaldo wrote:
I took a punt on one of these and never looked back: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Bluetoot ... SwDNdVuHnt

I just use the call functionality on the head unit, and plug this thing in to a USB car charger - run the 3.5mm jack into an RCA splitter (red and white) to connect it to the AUX input. All neatly hidden under the arm rest and it auto connects to the last device that was connected to it every time. So for <$10 i've got audio streaming at least!

Oh and yes when you get a call, my iphone switches to the head unit to handle the call and cuts the music.. then when i hang up the tunes kick back in :thumbs:

I did the same as this - works a treat and only costs $10 max! I'm not a fan of cables.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:13 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Question - my SH XTP doesn't have an aux input (morons who optioned the car when they bought the "top range" model at the time didn't bother?) - I have satnav, no bluetooth (as far as I know) and no Aux input. Phone calls aren't a huge issue but I'd like to stream music from the phone. I'm a complete noob with audio but I'm wondering if it's possible to do an Aux in->HU (via RCA?), mount it somewhere and then have a small cable that can connect the phone to the Aux port so I can stream music?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition

JamesMR_ wrote:
Question - my SH XTP doesn't have an aux input (morons who optioned the car when they bought the "top range" model at the time didn't bother?) - I have satnav, no bluetooth (as far as I know) and no Aux input. Phone calls aren't a huge issue but I'd like to stream music from the phone. I'm a complete noob with audio but I'm wondering if it's possible to do an Aux in->HU (via RCA?), mount it somewhere and then have a small cable that can connect the phone to the Aux port so I can stream music?

In the S-Edition (may also be in XTP) the aux inputs are in the centre console so that is how i aux my phone into the head unit.
Also for bluetooth it does have it but only for phone calls (not for audio streaming).

It could totally be a different unit between the XTP and the S-Edition but worth checking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

thorpef1 wrote:
JamesMR_ wrote:

In the S-Edition (may also be in XTP) the aux inputs are in the centre console so that is how i aux my phone into the head unit.
Also for bluetooth it does have it but only for phone calls (not for audio streaming).

It could totally be a different unit between the XTP and the S-Edition but worth checking.

I have a XTP and is the same as you've stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:14 pm 

Yeah mine doesn't have the aux input. I've got a 12v in both the cubby hole under the dash and in the centre console (under the arm rest). Also under the arm rest are RGB inputs and that's it. No Aux input anywhere :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 am 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP Forester

JamesMR_ wrote:
Yeah mine doesn't have the aux input. I've got a 12v in both the cubby hole under the dash and in the centre console (under the arm rest). Also under the arm rest are RGB inputs and that's it. No Aux input anywhere :(

Your car is normal (and like the rest of ours). It's the terminology used which is confusing you :D

You need to use the RCA (not RCB) inputs located in the centre console as your Aux input. Red and White carry the audio signal and yellow the visual signal.

To answer your original question, all you'll need is RCA to 3.5mm headphone jack cable and will cost about $10. Switch the HU to AUX audio input and the music will stream through.

I don't like cables sticking out of my phone so I purchased a USB bluetooth receiver which my phone connects to (plugged into a USB cigerette lighter adapter), and then that has a female insert for a 3.5mm audio jack. I then use the shortest possible RCA to 3.5mm cable (10cm's) and get the same result. This also cost about $10 but there's a couple of items to purchase.

Hope this clears it up for you! :drinks: :drinks:

Post subject: SH9 Bluetooth Audio Streaming + Calls
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

I did what they timmyfowler23 did - got a Bluetooth wireless USB audio receiver. I got one of these:

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Himbo ... nav=SEARCH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 am 

timmyfowler23 wrote:
JamesMR_ wrote:

Your car is normal (and like the rest of ours). It's the terminology used which is confusing you :D

Hope this clears it up for you! :drinks: :drinks:

I had a feeling I had it all confused. I was thinking surely whoever bought this car brand new had optioned an aux input but I was looking for the single input and expecting the AUX label to be above it - without it I just gave up and have put up with the crap they play on the radio for the last 3 years haha. :lol: :lol:

jonp wrote:
I did what they timmyfowler23 did - got a Bluetooth wireless USB audio receiver. I got one of these:

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Himbo ... nav=SEARCH

This looks very interesting. Do you simply plug the adaptor into the cigarette lighter, then connect the 3.5mm into your phone? Will this do bluetooth and audio streaming and will it cut the audio if a call comes through?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:05 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

How it works:
Plug in provided USB adapter into cigarette lighter socket. Plug in the USB cable of the Bluetooth device into the USB adapter. Plug in RCA to 3.5m cable (you will need to buy) into Bluetooth device and into AUX sockets. Pair your phone to the Bluetooth device. Done. No need to use a cable to connect to your phone. To use you need to select AUX in the head unit. This will allow you to stream music from your phone to your head unit plus phone calls.

This means your phone may connect via Bluetooth to the head unit as well as the new Bluetooth device. I can’t remember how phone calls are managed in this scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:01 pm 

jonp wrote:
How it works:
Plug in provided USB adapter into cigarette lighter socket. Plug in the USB cable of the Bluetooth device into the USB adapter. Plug in RCA to 3.5m cable (you will need to buy) into Bluetooth device and into AUX sockets. Pair your phone to the Bluetooth device. Done. No need to use a cable to connect to your phone. To use you need to select AUX in the head unit. This will allow you to stream music from your phone to your head unit plus phone calls.

This means your phone may connect via Bluetooth to the head unit as well as the new Bluetooth device. I can’t remember how phone calls are managed in this scenario.

Sweet thanks for the details.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2