Change font size


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:56 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Silver

Posts: 378
Location: Sydney
Sorry mate didn't make note of dimensions, there was a fair amount of suck it an see approach and tbh was the worst and trickiest part of the install. From memory I just used the oem mounts as a guide and used a bench grinder to do the shaping, which I guess doesn't help much when you don't have the oem part. I am away this long w/e but if I get time I'll try and measure them.

_________________
MY05 Forester XT with MRT XA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:59 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 - Red

Posts: 18
Location: Adelaide
No worries, thanks for the reply.
I do have the non tweeter sail panels. So I think I can use those to work out the mounts to the door then line up the mounts to the tweeter sail panels and make a bracket somehow. if that makes sense???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:45 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Silver

Posts: 378
Location: Sydney
wapstar wrote:
No worries, thanks for the reply.
I do have the non tweeter sail panels. So I think I can use those to work out the mounts to the door then line up the mounts to the tweeter sail panels and make a bracket somehow. if that makes sense???


Yeah probably the best way, all I'll say is just sort the tweeter mounting out in advance before going ahead with the rest of the install because it's likely the most time consuming part, at the end of the day all you need to do is fit your chosen tweeter behind the oem tweeter grille, there is a reasonable amount of space there for most aftermarket tweeters and you wont see if it is ghetto mounted anyway, you could even use heavy duty velcro if need tbh.

_________________
MY05 Forester XT with MRT XA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:36 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY04 XT white

Posts: 32
Location: Australia ACT
Gday mate, any chance of being able to restore the photos in this thread? Looking to do something similar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:58 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY06 X Luxury

Posts: 8
Location: Melbourne
Hey man, this article is so helpful! I'm after some of those adapters, with the front ones do you recall what vehicle out of the options did you chose?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:29 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Embrace the Grind
Vehicle: Regal Blue 05 XT Lux manual

Posts: 5539
Location: Perth
justinpie666 wrote:
Hey man, this article is so helpful! I'm after some of those adapters, with the front ones do you recall what vehicle out of the options did you chose?


It's not hard to make them yourself out of MDF and much cheaper too:

a template and DIY guide is here:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... eakers.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:14 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY06 X Luxury

Posts: 8
Location: Melbourne
lefty wrote:
justinpie666 wrote:
Hey man, this article is so helpful! I'm after some of those adapters, with the front ones do you recall what vehicle out of the options did you chose?


It's not hard to make them yourself out of MDF and much cheaper too:

a template and DIY guide is here:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... eakers.pdf


I was taking about the adapter connector for the speaker itself, not the spacer. But thanks for that guide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:20 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Silver

Posts: 378
Location: Sydney
justinpie666 wrote:
Hey man, this article is so helpful! I'm after some of those adapters, with the front ones do you recall what vehicle out of the options did you chose?

The front adapters were Metra, had to get them via Amazon, it is a Toyota universal fitment but obviously connects perfectly to the Foz SG door speaker harness. Once I'm back from OS I'll sort out the photos.

_________________
MY05 Forester XT with MRT XA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sneaky SG Forester speaker upgrade (Focal PS-165V)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY04 FXT

Posts: 9
Location: Brisbane
justinpie666 wrote:
lefty wrote:
justinpie666 wrote:
Hey man, this article is so helpful! I'm after some of those adapters, with the front ones do you recall what vehicle out of the options did you chose?


It's not hard to make them yourself out of MDF and much cheaper too:

a template and DIY guide is here:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... eakers.pdf


I was taking about the adapter connector for the speaker itself, not the spacer. But thanks for that guide.


If you search Subaru in thingyverse you should find an STL file for front and rear speaker adapters. Of course, you’ll need access to a 3D printer. I’ll be printing them for myself in the coming weeks and will post up with how it goes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3