Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forester head unit wiring info
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 am 

This may be of interest to some.. Courtesy of Neeko off rexnet

Quote:
And to also make life a bit easier here are the instructions I made to disable the safety function the Headunit comes with.
Enables you to actually be able to call people through the Headunit while moving as well as adjust settings and input and address for the SatNav.

Also note an easier way to remove the facia is to tilt the screen and simple pull it by grabbing it from underneath and to earth out the cable you can also use a female plug (not sure of the name)
on an existing one thats depicted in step 6 underneath the headunit bolt.

I asked the question about the DVD function.
Quote:
Yep sure does!

MY12 forester XTP - current

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:15 pm 

I Say: I like to breathe underwater ;)
Vehicle: 97 silver, 09 red Foresters

From page 1:

pete_mac wrote:

Wire colour codes

Battery 12V Constant - Blue/Red

Accessories 12V Switched - Yellow/Green

Earth - Black

Illumination - Purple

Auto Antennae - Blue/White

Speakers

Front Right - White/Black
Front Right + Red/Yellow

Front Left - Green
Front Left + Brown/White

Rear Right - Blue/Yellow
Rear Right + Red/White

Rear Left - Red/Black
Rear Left + White/Red

I think the Right Rear speakers should be reversed:
Rear Right - Red/White
Rear Right + Blue/Yellow

PS: very valuable sticky for a guy like me who has trouble with wiring looms :thumbs:

saggy bum spacers; 1" HDPE lift kits; 2" laser cut lift kits with camber & caster offset
rear trailing arm spacers; rear subframe spacer kits
CAD designed, CNC machined
LIFT KITS FROM MILD TO WILD!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:39 pm 

My 09 sh does not match anything I have found yet. All the info in this post has green wires and other combos. My harness has no green at all. Any ideas on where I might get more info

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:34 pm 

I Say: I like to breathe underwater ;)
Vehicle: 97 silver, 09 red Foresters

From page 1:

pete_mac wrote:
For MY09 onwards

the light green/red wire may not look very green?

saggy bum spacers; 1" HDPE lift kits; 2" laser cut lift kits with camber & caster offset
rear trailing arm spacers; rear subframe spacer kits
CAD designed, CNC machined
LIFT KITS FROM MILD TO WILD!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:37 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP - Dark Grey Metalic

michael8t1 wrote:
My 09 sh does not match anything I have found yet. All the info in this post has green wires and other combos. My harness has no green at all. Any ideas on where I might get more info

As said a few times in this thread, go off the Pin number, NOT the wire colour. As they don't all follow the same colour scheme.

Family Guy wrote:
waali wrote:
Flogged it mercilessly on the drive home, it was glorious! :twisted:

You know there's pretty heavy fines if you get caught doing that, so I hope you had your windows up and a towel over your lap to hide it!!! ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 pm 

I Say: 3 letters in the alphabet that should never be attributed to me...DIY

michael8t1 wrote:

were you able to figure it out on the SH?? im about to try this on mine soon and want to know which one to cut. I know its been mentioned to go off the pin number what what pin number relates to the head unit?

Anybody done it to their 09 SH and know what pin number it is? does it matter if its MY09 OR MY10??

knowing my luck ill cut a wire that disables the whole friggen car

190.6 atwkw | MSR | Invidia | STi | Process West | Cobb | Turbosmart | PSR | Pierburg | Whiteline | Perrin | Cusco | Hella | ROH

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 pm 

Slobbythegreat wrote:
michael8t1 wrote:

were you able to figure it out on the SH?? im about to try this on mine soon and want to know which one to cut. I know its been mentioned to go off the pin number what what pin number relates to the head unit?

Anybody done it to their 09 SH and know what pin number it is? does it matter if its MY09 OR MY10??

knowing my luck ill cut a wire that disables the whole friggen car

Check out the post at the top of this page by -EGA.2.90-

There is detailed instructions, including photos, of exactly what you need to do for your particular car.
Step #4 illustrates where the plug is connected into the HU, and Step 5 shows the exact location of the wire you need to cut.

Can't get much easier than that! :lol: :drinks:

Family Guy wrote:
waali wrote:

You know there's pretty heavy fines if you get caught doing that, so I hope you had your windows up and a towel over your lap to hide it!!! ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:41 am 

I Say: 3 letters in the alphabet that should never be attributed to me...DIY

bubblegoose wrote:

There is detailed instructions, including photos, of exactly what you need to do for your particular car.
Step #4 illustrates where the plug is connected into the HU, and Step 5 shows the exact location of the wire you need to cut.

michael8t1 said nothing matched per the display when he pulled it out on the 09 SH....you then said go off the diagram with pin number yet the diagram says nothing about HU?? Is the pin location of the HU the same on ALL foresters? I already know if im cutting something its going to cost me money...hence why im NOT a bomb technician!

190.6 atwkw | MSR | Invidia | STi | Process West | Cobb | Turbosmart | PSR | Pierburg | Whiteline | Perrin | Cusco | Hella | ROH

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 am 

Slobbythegreat wrote:
bubblegoose wrote:

michael8t1 said nothing matched per the display when he pulled it out on the 09 SH....you then said go off the diagram with pin number yet the diagram says nothing about HU?? Is the pin location of the HU the same on ALL foresters? I already know if im cutting something its going to cost me money...hence why im NOT a bomb technician!

He was looking for a green wire to cut. I was saying, don't worry about the wire colour (because that changes from car to car), and just focus on the pin number (because that doesn't change). I didn't say go off a diagram, I just said pin 4.

If you look at picture #4, you can clearly see the plug you need to disconnect.
In picture #5, they have identified the wire you want to cut. Pin 4 (or as they say 4th from the right when looking from the rear. And not the 4th wire either, the wire that is going into the 4th hole from the right. because as you can see there are two unused holes.). That's the wire. It doesn't matter if it's black, blue, purple, green, yellow or any colour in between. If you use the wire going into the 4th hole from the right when looking from the rear, you will be fine. :drinks:

Family Guy wrote:
waali wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 Forester XT

i know im dragging up an old thread, but ive just bought a MY10 forester XT, and the satnav and dvd security while moving is very, very annoying.

However, the dvd plays irrespective of the handbrake position but not while moving and the sat nav disables the majority of options only when the car is moving, again handbrake on or off doesn't make a difference.

Anybody got any ideas?

Headunit is a Kenwood FXDB09MF2

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next