Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Cleaning grease off roof lining?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm 

Vehicle: 2011 S-edition

Bobbyjq wrote:
Hi all

I recently cleaned some small scuff marks off my roof lining with a damp cloth and light cleaning solution. I got rid of the scuff but when it dried it left a bigger brown ring around the area that was wet during cleaning.
I've tried this twice, the second time ensuring I was using very fresh, clean water/cloth, but same result.
Is there something under the roof lining that could be causing this when it gets wet? Or am I just cleaning it in the wrong way?
TIA.

You're getting a water mark because you're wetting it. So basically its pushing all the dirt and crap out to the edge and drying like that. Can be tricky to get out without creating more of a mess or wetting the whole thing and drying it properly.

I dont think its anything under the roof lining as its just a fabric and thats what happens when you wet it.

(disclaimer I used to be a drycleaner so Im just going off how clothes works)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm 

I Say: Up the bum no babies
Vehicle: Undead SH9

I used the aforementioned vanish nappysan mixed with Ono and some water and that worked a treat

''

Bram wrote:
And the only way for it to fit is with force and ripping flesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 pm 

Vehicle: Forester

Using carpet foam cleaner can be a good idea. Just put a small amount on a clean rag and wipe it off in one direction.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 am 

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Do not use water or a detergent mix at all! I've been a spraypainter now for 18 years and I've seen it all. By far the best thing to use to clean a roof lining is Prepsol(wax and grease remover) or thinners on a rag. I would use a white cotton rag, a couple of wipes then get a new rag, if you use a coloured rag the prepsol or thinners can pull the colour from your rag and transferred it to your roof lining. The chemical smell will go away pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:03 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

Berjo wrote:
Do not use water or a detergent mix at all! I've been a spraypainter now for 18 years and I've seen it all. By far the best thing to use to clean a roof lining is Prepsol(wax and grease remover) or thinners on a rag. I would use a white cotton rag, a couple of wipes then get a new rag, if you use a coloured rag the prepsol or thinners can pull the colour from your rag and transferred it to your roof lining. The chemical smell will go away pretty quickly.

Thanks Berjo
Your hands on experience with this subject should persuade people. I would prefer to use the gentler option of Prepsol(wax and grease remover).
Cheers Al

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2