Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Standard Chassis height
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:24 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT Luxury - Steel Silver

Bye Evo wrote:
My STI is 395mm Front and Rear Specific Wheel Arch Height.

I want some lowered springs for it, but am having trouble finding out info...

I need to find out if my car has either :

1) - XT Struts with lowered springs
2) - WRX Struts with WRX Springs

If its 1), then I assume I have no self levelling rear struts

Anyone know ??

Judging by comments listed with SG9 STi suspension parts on Japanparts I believe the STi Foz doesn't have the self levelling rear struts. Yours has the pink springs correct? If so then they are definately not self levellers as the pinks won't work with them. I have no idea if they are WRX suspension though. Might be worthwhile sending an email to Japanparts, being a JDM car they might be able to assist you in pinpointing what setup is currently on the car.

MY08 XT LUXURY | Subaru Bodykit/Grill | STi Scoop | STi Tail Lights | Swift Sport Springs/KYB Excel-G struts | Whiteline RSB/Front Strut Brace | Hypertec Exhaust & CAI | HKS SSQV | 18" Enkei EKM3 Rims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:06 pm 

I Say: Go Hard Keyboard Warriors !!
Vehicle: Subaru フォレスターSTI 04 SG9

Hey Guys

I enquired about the AST Sportline 1's and they are fantastic, but with shipping and taxes, it worked out just over $2K

I could get Tein Superwagons Fitted for under $2K

My setup was completely stock, I am currently in the process of lowering the Foz on STI Pinks - they are the same height as the old springs, but are progressive rate and appear to be softer...

So currently taking a lunch break and will get back to fitting my springs in afew mins.

I'll post up results later

Chris.

2006 Subaru STI Forester - PHA745

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:00 pm 

Vehicle: CX9 GT

Does anyone have any literature and measurements on Standard WRX, WRX STI & SG specific Complete strut height.
By this I mean an assembled strut including spring and top hat.
I understand that when compared with Foz WRX are lower by approx 30-40mm, STI are lower by 60-70mm
I understand and have read the Wheel arch measurements at the top of this thread...does that assume that the wheel arch sits the same on Imprezza and Forester cars.

Or am I just workimg myself in to a corner trying to find Forester specific Performance aftermarket struts...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:04 pm 

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

greenman wrote:
I understand that when compared with Foz WRX are lower by approx 30-40mm, STI are lower by 60-70mm

Complete WRX struts lower the car by more than that (approx 55-60mm) and STIs are a further 10-15mm lower than the WRX. The Pedders or Whiteline springs on Foresters-specific struts give a 40mm drop or thereabouts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:10 pm 

Thanks Pete......I'm just trying to exhaust all avenues before committing to suspension changes again.
Either way I need to make sure any option doesn't interfere with 18 * 7.5 +48 rims..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:57 pm 

I found this while surfing one day.
Hope it helps ...
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... ence-7607/

FRONT
Lower Hole To Spring Seat
Impreza 252
Forester 253
Total Strut Body Length
Impreza 356
Forester 377
Extended Length (Body + Shaft)
Impreza 525
Forester 560 [514]
Compressed Length (Body + Shaft)
Forester 391

REAR
Lower Hole To Spring Seat
Impreza 315
Forester 330
Total Strut Body Length
Impreza 367
Forester 407
Extended Length (Body + Shaft)
Impreza 605
Forester 643 [632]
Compressed Length (Body + Shaft)
Forester 455

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:22 am 

I currently have 04STI struts on my SF and they lowered it by 55mm versus book (about 30mm actual at the rear as the SLS sag a little stationary).

Simon

2004 Forester STi suspension (inverted strut type)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:25 pm 

I Say: The New Purchase (weekender only though) - Foz is still the daily driver
Vehicle: 1975 Porsche 911 S 3.2

Reading the NCOP rules it states;

"When lowering a vehicle, the ride height of an unladen vehicle must not be changed by more than one third of the working travel of the suspension from its original height to a rigid bump or rebound position specified by the manufacturer." - HUH?!?!?!

Can someone please decipher that into English for me? - I've had to raise mine from 350mm (eyebrow measurement) to 400mm because I have to go over the pits here in Canberra thanks to being dobbed in by a vindictive ex-girlfriend for being too low (and exhaust too loud)...... The car looks more like a Government bus now for height (pouts) and obv when I go to lower it again after being passed, would like to understand just how far I can go without attracting too much attention again...

MY06XT, VF34 P18, 3" TBE, Catless Up-pipe, Tein Coilovers (RUS Dickson App'd), 22mm Sways F & R, Whiteline Strutbrace, STi Inj, Walbro Fuel Pump, Ozzy Decades, PW TMIC, Cusco Heat Shield, Resonatorectomy, Silicon, STi Bugeye Scoop, 206.6Kw atw!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:45 am 

I Say: The New Purchase (weekender only though) - Foz is still the daily driver
Vehicle: 1975 Porsche 911 S 3.2

Well after much discussion and exploring the contentious issues about ride heights, etc - I had my car passed by the RUS Inspectors at Dickson (ACT)yesterday.... Mostly thanks to a reasonable younger inspector than the usual grumpy older ones. He conceded that the rules are difficult to interpret and understand, but says if anyone has doubts about ride heights, they should ask either the RTA/RUS Technical staff who have access to the full database as provided by Vehicle Manufacturers or via the manufacturers technical people themselves. And this applies wherever the National Code of Practice (VSB14) is adopted.

The heights provided by the manufacturers to all the "RTA" sites are what are now used, and that these heights give the minimum allowable eyebrow measurements (nothing to actually do with either ADR43 or the 1/3 suspension travel rules used on their own or together - but also these manufacturer measurements are taken as gospel). Accordingly, although mine is set at 400mm the older guy actually wanted me to take it up to 413mm which is what they have as the measurement for the SG9 MY06 Forester.... I think that matches the lowest figure as provided by PMD in his interpretation - which I used to addle them with - LOL. Thankfully the other guy over-ruled him "in this instance" stating that he was happy with the ride height as inspected. Tinny quiet exhaust passed at 88.5 decibels, or 1.5 under the limit....

To add to it, even though only recalled for exhaust and ride height, they went over everything on the car - all the usual lights, horn, etc but also measured the tint, strut brace/sway bar clearances, wheel track, rolling diameter of the tyres, brakes, commented on the turbo/up-pipe/TMIC, questioned the power increase, etc..... Of course I didn't offer too much info - figured if they couldn't measure or tell why should I make their job easier to find a defectable mod..... Hope none of you have to go through this - but just be wary that all police and RTA/RUS inspectors are now on the look out for EYEBROW height defaulters - and that the 100mm ground clearance is only one part of the equation and no longer applicable to our vehicles or in fact any others in its own right....

Cheers.

MY06XT, VF34 P18, 3" TBE, Catless Up-pipe, Tein Coilovers (RUS Dickson App'd), 22mm Sways F & R, Whiteline Strutbrace, STi Inj, Walbro Fuel Pump, Ozzy Decades, PW TMIC, Cusco Heat Shield, Resonatorectomy, Silicon, STi Bugeye Scoop, 206.6Kw atw!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:50 am 

I Say: bring me a shrubbery!
Vehicle: MY00 GT no more :-(

what is this eyebrow you speak of?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next