Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: 2013-2017 SJ, The road for greater comfort?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 am 

Vehicle: Diesel S4

Hi All,
I recently purchased a 3 year old SJ diesel Forester entry level with CVT. An awesome vehicle with one issue that is bothering us. The ride comfort is way to harsh when not loaded. Even with recommended tire air pressure we feel every bump. Family of 4 and they all feel car sick from the bumpy city ride. Never an issue in any of our other vehicles or 4x4's.

Handles very well but recommended air pressure seems a bit low and will ultimately wear tire edges.

Can we fit the rear end shock/spring assembly out of the XT which has self leveling I understand?

Is it just the rear end or the front as well that is super stiff?
Will this give a more comfortable ride? I'm guessing Subaru fitted a firm rear end in the SJ Forester to compensate for when it is loaded and removed the softer self leveling units?

Any help appreciated. Who has OE left overs I could try? Or would the soft adjustable MCA's resolve this issue.

Post subject: Re: 2013-2017 SJ, The road for greater comfort?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:37 pm 

Vehicle: 15 FXT and Parting out 02 GT

I think something has been changed on your car, my 2015 FXT is nice and soft both front and rear. Drop down to a dealership and ask to go for a ride in a Forester and see if its any different.

Perhaps the previous owner installed some stiffer springs on the rear to carry loads?

Post subject: Re: 2013-2017 SJ, The road for greater comfort?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:41 pm 

Vehicle: 00 gt

To think its considered harsh compaired to other cars and 4x4 makes you think something is not factory.

you must have non oem springs or maybe some polyurethane bushes hiding under there.

How many km has the forry traveled?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]