Change font size


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:57 am 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
I have a 24mm Whiteline FSB and i've noticed that my drivers side endlink has a bit of an angle on it compared to the passenger side which it straight up and down. I've loosened all the bolts and locking tabs and tried to shift it over but that's as far as it will slide. Is this angle acceptable? It's not giving me any noise but it looks like the bar is to short on the drivers side?


Last edited by Berjo on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:59 am 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
Trying to upload photos! The bar has the correct part number on it, it's been on for a while now without any issues, fitted by Peddlers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:44 am 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
FSB Pics, top pic is the drivers side with the angle, bottom oic is the passages side with not much angle.


Attachments:
9.jpg
9.jpg [ 16.19 KiB | Viewed 77 times ]
8.jpg
8.jpg [ 17.72 KiB | Viewed 63 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:19 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: 2001 GT

Posts: 106
Location: NSW
I had a similar issue with mine, although I was also using the Whiteline end links on my GT.

The kit that they provided me with initially had the wrong bar (non-turbo rather than turbo) but they swapped it for me and it helped, although there is still considerable angle on both sides, although no noise now and the handling feels good. One side definitely has more lean than the others. I've moved it across but it slides back.

The only thing I can suggest is to get it as central as possible, and then put a lateral lock on the bar to prevent it sliding back to where it currently is?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1254
Location: Brisbane
Perhaps this is a new look for swaybar links that the "stance" crowd could get into? :P

_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 pm 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
kel wrote:
I had a similar issue with mine, although I was also using the Whiteline end links on my GT.

The kit that they provided me with initially had the wrong bar (non-turbo rather than turbo) but they swapped it for me and it helped, although there is still considerable angle on both sides, although no noise now and the handling feels good. One side definitely has more lean than the others. I've moved it across but it slides back.

The only thing I can suggest is to get it as central as possible, and then put a lateral lock on the bar to prevent it sliding back to where it currently is?

I spoke to Whiteline today and they are happy with sending out a new bar, but first they wanted a measurement of the stock bar end to end. From all the picks and install vids I've seen I reckon they have maybe given me a non turbo bar or its just wrong. The guy at Whiteline told me the bars ard all hand made, might be human error.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
Yowie wrote:
Perhaps this is a new look for swaybar links that the "stance" crowd could get into? :P

As soon as I've got a few spare dollars I'll let you know, your links are the next thing on my list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1254
Location: Brisbane
Might be Bram's home-made racing swaybar links you're thinking of there.

_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:31 pm 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
Yowie wrote:
Might be Bram's home-made racing swaybar links you're thinking of there.

Yep, your right!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Front sway bar endlink issue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:29 pm 
User avatar

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Posts: 186
Location: Old Reynella, SA
Berjo wrote:
I have a 24mm Whiteline FSB and i've noticed that my drivers side endlink has a bit of an angle on it compared to the passenger side which it straight up and down. I've loosened all the bolts and locking tabs and tried to shift it over but that's as far as it will slide. Is this angle acceptable? It's not giving me any noise but it looks like the bar is to short on the drivers side?


Fixed!!! The supplied swaybar was made wrong, 10mm short on the drivers side. Whiteline sent another one out express and fitted new bar. Even though their was an issue Shannon from Whiteline gave great customer service, top bloke!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3