Change font size


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY11 XT Steel Silver

Posts: 6
Location: Mackay
Hey fellas,

Looking at getting a 22mm rear whiteline swaybar for my 2011 XT, just wondering which endlinks do you guys recommend? Also what is the differences between the different thicknesses and how noticible are they?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT Obsidian Black Pearl

Posts: 576
Location: Sydney
I use Superpro heavy duty adjustable links on my SG. I recommend them, quite a well built unit.

_________________
Image

:drinks: The Old Foz< < < > > >The New Foz :drinks:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:25 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1021
Location: Brisbane
The OEM end links work well for me and many others - particularly if you're using the middle setting on your 22mm RSB.

I used Whiteline end links for a while but had trouble with nuts loosening, despite regular tightening. Pedders eventually broke one of the Whiteline end links doing them up (albeit they were probably weakened from spending too much time flapping about with loose nuts).

_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:52 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Posts: 17547
Location: Spearwood Perth WA
If your looking for a set of upgrade items. I have been putting together custom endlink kits for a few people on the forums and myself aswell.

They are adjustable in length. And I make them with 1/2" chrome-moly kevlar/teflon lined hiem joints. With grade 12 high tensile fasteners and cone lock pinch nuts. Basically the toughest bolts you can fit into the standard size holes in the swaybars and lateral arms. Garanteed you wont brake them or have the fasteners come loose and strip threads like the low quality sh!teline or OEM stuff. And the heim joints themselves are meaty as hell. You wont brake them either LOL. I have been using them in my race car for a few years now and they are good as new. And at $150 a pair, they are pretty comparible price wise with some of the so-called upgrade endlinks available, and even cheaper than OEM stuff bought here in Australia.

Here is a set i made for a SG. And i have can make sets to suit rear of 3rd gen wrx/sti and also SH forester onwards. (And also many other endlinks you want for other applications. Just give me the measurements you require.)

Image
Yeti Links by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Image
Grade 12.9 by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Image
Cone Lock Nut by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

_________________
>>>My Ride<<<


Image


Last edited by Bram on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT Obsidian Black Pearl

Posts: 576
Location: Sydney
Bram wrote:
If your looking for a set of upgrade items. I have been putting together custom endlink kits for a few people on the forums and myself aswell.

They are adjustable in length. And I make them with 1/2" chrome-moly kevlar/teflon lined hiem joints. With grade 12 high tensile fasteners and cone lock pinch nuts. Basically the toughest bolts you can fit into the standard size holes in the swaybars and lateral arms. Garanteed you wont brake them or have the fasteners come loose and strip threads like the low quality sh!teline or OEM stuff. And the heim joints themselves are meaty as hell. You wont brake them either LOL. I have been using them in my race car for a few years now and they are good as new. And at $150 a pair, they are pretty comparible price wise with some of the so-called upgrade endlinks available, and even cheaper than OEM stuff bought here in Australia.

Here is a set i made for a SG. And i have just made my first set to suit rear of 3rd gen wrx/sti and also SH forester onwards.

Image
Yeti Links by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Image
Grade 12.9 by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Image
Cone Lock Nut by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr


And the Allen head fastener eliminates spinning ball joints when trying install/remove!

_________________
Image

:drinks: The Old Foz< < < > > >The New Foz :drinks:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Posts: 17547
Location: Spearwood Perth WA
brennners wrote:
Bram wrote:
If your looking for a set of upgrade items. I have been putting together custom endlink kits for a few people on the forums and myself aswell.

They are adjustable in length. And I make them with 1/2" chrome-moly kevlar/teflon lined hiem joints. With grade 12 high tensile fasteners and cone lock pinch nuts. Basically the toughest bolts you can fit into the standard size holes in the swaybars and lateral arms. Garanteed you wont brake them or have the fasteners come loose and strip threads like the low quality sh!teline or OEM stuff. And the heim joints themselves are meaty as hell. You wont brake them either LOL. I have been using them in my race car for a few years now and they are good as new. And at $150 a pair, they are pretty comparible price wise with some of the so-called upgrade endlinks available, and even cheaper than OEM stuff bought here in Australia.

Here is a set i made for a SG. And i have just made my first set to suit rear of 3rd gen wrx/sti and also SH forester onwards.

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4231/34854241833_045cb7b744_b.jpg[/img]
Yeti Links by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4242/35494494142_0387b034d3_b.jpg[/img]
Grade 12.9 by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4277/34854235643_8100c54100_b.jpg[/img]
Cone Lock Nut by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr


And the Allen head fastener eliminates spinning ball joints when trying install/remove!


Correct. Its a decent sized in-hex head aswell. Unlike the small in-hex thats in side the OEM studs, so your less likely to round it. And even if you do some how manage to damage the bolt. (Use the wrong size hex bit or round it out by not properly inserting the tool, then its no drama. The bolt can be replaced without junking the entire endlink.

I can also spec them with conventional head hex bolts aswell. :thumbs:

You can also choose which way you want the bolt to face.

_________________
>>>My Ride<<<


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 am 
User avatar

I Say: I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Vehicle: MY05 XTL - Black

Posts: 5067
Location: Tanah Merah - Brisbane
I'd happily buy a set if I was replacing mine :thumbs:

Do you make tie rod ends, mine are farked.

_________________
Current Ride - 05 XT Foz
Previous Ride - Your mum ;)

housemusik wrote:
H-are wrote:
Are you going 6 speed for the strength of it?
I just want to do skids bro :lol: DCCD ftw


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:25 am 
User avatar

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Posts: 17547
Location: Spearwood Perth WA
What thread is used on the subaru tie rods? If you give me the thread specs, length of rod end and stud diameter. Then ill see if there is a cro-moly rod end that would work.

The other critical thing is to check the stud that goes into the steering knuckle. I think this may be a taper wedge pin. And not just a straight bolt/stud. If its a bolt then its easy to replicate. And all i would need is the spacing length perpindicular to the tie rod end. (This will effect steering geometry like how an RCA kit affects things)

If it is a taper pin, and not a straight stud then you may aswell just get a proper tie rod end as that will be alot easier.

I would probs have to make it using a male rod end and size a female coupler to get the desired length.

_________________
>>>My Ride<<<


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY11 XT Steel Silver

Posts: 6
Location: Mackay
Big thanks to everyone for the replies. Bram, I will shoot you a message when I buy the swaybar. Thanks mate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Posts: 17547
Location: Spearwood Perth WA
No worries. It does take me a couple of weeks to put together a set, as i have to get the parts in on a case by case basis, and then modify them and assemble into the completed links. And i do have a full time job as it is. So best to order with a little lead time to allow me to do my bit.

_________________
>>>My Ride<<<


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3