Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 XT Steel Silver

Hey fellas,

Looking at getting a 22mm rear whiteline swaybar for my 2011 XT, just wondering which endlinks do you guys recommend? Also what is the differences between the different thicknesses and how noticible are they?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 22mm Whiteline swaybar, which endlinks to use?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT Obsidian Black Pearl

I use Superpro heavy duty adjustable links on my SG. I recommend them, quite a well built unit.

:drinks: The Old Foz< < < > > >The New Foz :drinks:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:25 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

The OEM end links work well for me and many others - particularly if you're using the middle setting on your 22mm RSB.

I used Whiteline end links for a while but had trouble with nuts loosening, despite regular tightening. Pedders eventually broke one of the Whiteline end links doing them up (albeit they were probably weakened from spending too much time flapping about with loose nuts).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:52 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

If your looking for a set of upgrade items. I have been putting together custom endlink kits for a few people on the forums and myself aswell.

They are adjustable in length. And I make them with 1/2" chrome-moly kevlar/teflon lined hiem joints. With grade 12 high tensile fasteners and cone lock pinch nuts. Basically the toughest bolts you can fit into the standard size holes in the swaybars and lateral arms. Garanteed you wont brake them or have the fasteners come loose and strip threads like the low quality sh!teline or OEM stuff. And the heim joints themselves are meaty as hell. You wont brake them either LOL. I have been using them in my race car for a few years now and they are good as new. And at $150 a pair, they are pretty comparible price wise with some of the so-called upgrade endlinks available, and even cheaper than OEM stuff bought here in Australia.

Here is a set i made for a SG. And i have can make sets to suit rear of 3rd gen wrx/sti and also SH forester onwards. (And also many other endlinks you want for other applications. Just give me the measurements you require.)

Yeti Links by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Grade 12.9 by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Cone Lock Nut by Bram Biesiekierski, on Flickr

Last edited by Bram on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT Obsidian Black Pearl

Bram wrote:
If your looking for a set of upgrade items. I have been putting together custom endlink kits for a few people on the forums and myself aswell.

They are adjustable in length. And I make them with 1/2" chrome-moly kevlar/teflon lined hiem joints. With grade 12 high tensile fasteners and cone lock pinch nuts. Basically the toughest bolts you can fit into the standard size holes in the swaybars and lateral arms. Garanteed you wont brake them or have the fasteners come loose and strip threads like the low quality sh!teline or OEM stuff. And the heim joints themselves are meaty as hell. You wont brake them either LOL. I have been using them in my race car for a few years now and they are good as new. And at $150 a pair, they are pretty comparible price wise with some of the so-called upgrade endlinks available, and even cheaper than OEM stuff bought here in Australia.

Here is a set i made for a SG. And i have just made my first set to suit rear of 3rd gen wrx/sti and also SH forester onwards.

And the Allen head fastener eliminates spinning ball joints when trying install/remove!

:drinks: The Old Foz< < < > > >The New Foz :drinks:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------

brennners wrote:
Bram wrote:

Here is a set i made for a SG. And i have just made my first set to suit rear of 3rd gen wrx/sti and also SH forester onwards.

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4231/34854241833_045cb7b744_b.jpg[/img]

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4242/35494494142_0387b034d3_b.jpg[/img]

[mg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4277/34854235643_8100c54100_b.jpg[/img]

And the Allen head fastener eliminates spinning ball joints when trying install/remove!

Correct. Its a decent sized in-hex head aswell. Unlike the small in-hex thats in side the OEM studs, so your less likely to round it. And even if you do some how manage to damage the bolt. (Use the wrong size hex bit or round it out by not properly inserting the tool, then its no drama. The bolt can be replaced without junking the entire endlink.

I can also spec them with conventional head hex bolts aswell. :thumbs:

You can also choose which way you want the bolt to face.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 am 

I Say: I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Vehicle: MY05 XTL - Black

I'd happily buy a set if I was replacing mine :thumbs:

Do you make tie rod ends, mine are farked.

housemusik wrote:
H-are wrote:
Are you going 6 speed for the strength of it?
I just want to do skids bro :lol: DCCD ftw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:25 am 

What thread is used on the subaru tie rods? If you give me the thread specs, length of rod end and stud diameter. Then ill see if there is a cro-moly rod end that would work.

The other critical thing is to check the stud that goes into the steering knuckle. I think this may be a taper wedge pin. And not just a straight bolt/stud. If its a bolt then its easy to replicate. And all i would need is the spacing length perpindicular to the tie rod end. (This will effect steering geometry like how an RCA kit affects things)

If it is a taper pin, and not a straight stud then you may aswell just get a proper tie rod end as that will be alot easier.

I would probs have to make it using a male rod end and size a female coupler to get the desired length.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 XT Steel Silver

Big thanks to everyone for the replies. Bram, I will shoot you a message when I buy the swaybar. Thanks mate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm 

No worries. It does take me a couple of weeks to put together a set, as i have to get the parts in on a case by case basis, and then modify them and assemble into the completed links. And i do have a full time job as it is. So best to order with a little lead time to allow me to do my bit.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next