Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 17 of 17   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: SH Stock Suspension & Handling Reference
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 am 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

I've had the Pedders springs on stock struts for a few years now. I've not noticed any bounce at all. Sounds like you may have a shot strut?

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:25 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT 4EAT

Hi guys! I want to ask for your help. I want to improve the suspension of my FXT SH '10 and I found that Tein HighTech + KYB could be my best alternative (mine has SLS), since it's the cheapest one that I found because I live in Chile and everything I want must be imported. But I read in this and other forums that I could have some issues when loading the back of the car due to the lower values in spring rates mainly compared to Pedders and Swifts. These other options are much more expensive when shipping them to Chile. Did some of you try this alternative and checked it when loading the car and/or having 5 passangers? Please help me!

Do you know some shops for buying Pedders or Swifts for cheap, and a moderate internacional shipping costs?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:36 am 

smelmechiz wrote:
I've had the Pedders springs on stock struts for a few years now. I've not noticed any bounce at all. Sounds like you may have a shot strut?

No, they aren't blown. Car only has 32k on it, pedders have been on since 15k. I've been under there. no leaking or anything. Just feels like the struts themselves could use more dampening force. It really only shows itself at highway speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 pm 

I Say: If in doubt flat out
Vehicle: MY10 XT/STI 6MT

Currently running STI struts and springs.
Would like the foz to sit a little lower (10-15mm)
What's a good spring option or am I better of paying the extra $$ and going with mca coilovers?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:51 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

Cmac wrote:
Currently running STI struts and springs.
Would like the foz to sit a little lower (10-15mm)
What's a good spring option or am I better of paying the extra $$ and going with mca coilovers?

Cmac,
is this the first post here to mention MCA coilovers?

Please anyone using MCA coilovers on their SH Foresters give us a review? The good the bad and the ugly! We can take it!

https://mcasuspension.com/suspension

Cheers Al

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XT

Hey gang sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a set of 2011 WRX sedan struts and springs that I will be fitting to my Foz in the near future. Besides wheel alignment, would I need buy any extra bolts or bits and pieces to make sure that it's sitting properly? I don't drive it hard so I just want it to be relatively straight to not unnecessarily wear out the tyres.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:00 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

I put 2008 STi struts/springs into my SH and was able to reuse all nuts & bolts. I believe the WRX front struts are a direct swap with no modification whereas the STi struts needed elongated holes.

Alignment will be mandatory but you have that covered. The only issue I had was getting negative camber on the front. It was sitting at +0.70 from memory and even after adding some whiteline Com C hats, I've only just been able to get about -0.6deg camber. My rears are -2.1deg with no adjustment. You may have better luck with the WRX pieces.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 17 of 17   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17