Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Coilover options, SH forester
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm 

Vehicle: SH

Finally commiting to spending a bit of money on the Forester.

What are my options if I want it low?

I want it as low as is reasonably possible. The spring swaps dont look low enough in my opinion so im thinking coilovers. I don't mind rolling guards etc, but I don't want it so low that it ruins the suspension geometry. Any supporting mods i need to consider?

Will be buying new rims and tires too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Post subject: Re: Coilover options, SH forester
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 pm 

I had BC BR coilovers, 8kg springs front and rear, they can go really low, enough to swallow the tyres and more. I think they are as good as any big brand name Japanese coilover, I've never had a problem with them, I've rekon I clocked around 20 thousand ks on them. If you want low do not buy MCA, that's all I'm gonna say about that. Some of the other guys are running Kido coilovers and they have a good rep as well. Theirs a new brand called Silvers, apparently their supposed to be great as well. Every state has a supplier for BC so you can buy them locally like I did, the wholesaler for BC is Just Jap in NSW, make sure you specify you want 8kg springs if you want to go low as I think 7 and 6 will be to squishie if you want to go low.

Last edited by Berjo on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:02 pm 

I had 19x9.5 +38Rota wheels, wrapped in 255/35 Potenza RE003. Could have easily got 10 inch rim with a +35 offset.

Last edited by Berjo on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:28 pm 

I strongly recommend upgrading your front and rear sway bars, I had 27mm front and rear. I had no body roll at all. Also the ALK and the Front roll adjustment are a great option if you wanna take it out in the hills. Strut braces do absolutely fa but look good. That's my help, everyone has different opinions so it's good to ring around :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:34 pm 

Which state are you in?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:41 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

You could get some WRX struts/springs for dirt cheap and bolt them straight up. The WRX spring rate is soft-ish in the MY08-10 models and will sag a little in the rear to get extra street cred. The STI springs are firmer but when I had them they still sagged slightly. MY11+ have increased spring rates across the board so you could opt for those too. It will get your SH as low as a typical STi, maybe a smidge lower due to the increased weight in the rear. You can get 1-2 fingers between the tyre and the guard.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]