Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: SG9 Liberty upgrade - Rear Lines
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:18 am 

Vehicle: MY06 XTL

G'day guys,

I'm in the middle of upgrading the SG9 to Liberty brakes, fronts went smoothly, doing first rear.

I ordered the liberty lines along with the calipers knowing I need longer than stock, but now I can't work out how to adapt those lines to the foz.

My stock rubber line looks to be a single piece of hose with solid clamp section in the middle (partsouq reckons it's a single part number), but the lines I received from the Lib are flexi-solid-flexy...

Is that solid joint _actually_ a connector with a male on the chassis side (so I can connect the longer Lib banjo section), or are people just zip tying the solid line to the strut or something??

Cheers,
Tim

Attachments:
SG Lines.PNG
SG Lines.PNG [ 826.87 KiB | Viewed 25 times ]
Lib Lines.PNG
Lib Lines.PNG [ 794.29 KiB | Viewed 20 times ]

Post subject: Re: SG9 Liberty upgrade - Rear Lines
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:51 am 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

The bit circled in red on the top photo is meant to go onto a tab on the strut. It is not a hydraulic union. It is just for mounting into a slotted reciever on the strut. And is held in by a spring steel clip from memory.

The part you undo is above that where the hardline meets the rubber hose. There is a 10mm nut on the hardline with a flared compression fitting. Undo that. But be carefull as it is easy to round them off if they are old. Hit it with penetrating spray, then use a little pencil torch on the socket it screws into. They usually come off real easy that way.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 pm 

Thanks mate, that confirms that half of the story :thumbs:

Now I just need to work out how to make the Liberty lines I have fit... if that solid line wasn't in the middle they'd be perfect, but with that the lines are far too long (and the flexies are both female ends).... can anyone show me their liberty lines in the back of the foz? Did I get the wrong Lib parts or something?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 pm 

Vehicle: 98 N/A 5MT Foz - 82 BMW E28

wokket wrote:
Thanks mate, that confirms that half of the story :thumbs:

Now I just need to work out how to make the Liberty lines I have fit... if that solid line wasn't in the middle they'd be perfect, but with that the lines are far too long (and the flexies are both female ends).... can anyone show me their liberty lines in the back of the foz? Did I get the wrong Lib parts or something?

I run standard forester lines, with zero issues.

Tried to see if they work in your case?

My Forester Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:50 pm 

I haven't yet because of the obvious difference in hose entry angles, and suggestions on here I'd have to take a dremel to the caliper to get it to seal... I figured when people said you needed the longer liberty lines that meant they'd actually fit :lol:

For the moment I have the new fronts on and bedded in, and the rears at stock so at least the car is driveable until I get it sorted out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 pm 

Mystery partly solved - the calipers I have are too narrow to fit over the vented rotor so it looks like I ended up with non GT rears :(

Back to ebay we go...

If anyone would like a set of freshly rebuilt Liberty rear calipers (larger but solid rotor) let me know :ok:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

I ended up with one GT rear and one narrower caliper of some other sort - from a NSW wrecker.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm 

My reading (https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1265631) is suggesting it's an H6 caliper (despite the ebay auction title), 290mm x 10mm

Partsouq is no good to me for picking the correct VIN as it shows both rotors: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine ... L54G011954

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]