Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: 5x114.3 PCD hub conversion with 5MT on SG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 am 

I've been searching for quite a while now and can't find any info on this (although I'm sure it exists!)...

I'm looking to do a 5x114.3mm PCD hub conversion on my MY06 SG Foz XT, while retaining the 5MT (which has been retro-converted with a MY05 WRX 5MT for the pull-type clutch conversion).

I know I'd have to change to GDB v9 STi suspension for the hubs, but that's fine. Is there a way to run the GDB v9 STi 5x114.3 hubs with the 5MT? Happy to do an R180 rear diff conversion as well if need be...

I'm assuming the complication would be with the driveshafts? Are there any that exist that would work for this?

What about SVX 5x114 PCD hubs - which struts fit them and would they open up a compatible driveshaft option??

Thanks heaps

Post subject: Re: 5x114.3 PCD hub conversion with 5MT on SG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

I *think* fronts will fit. (With correct struts) But the ABS tone wheel on the driveshaft will not line up. You can get spacers/alternative tone wheels from a company in the USA i think.

The rear will need the r180 rear shafts. Doing the r180 rear will most likely require a matching gearbox unless you can find a tripple4 r180.

Post subject: Re: 5x114.3 PCD hub conversion with 5MT on SG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:56 pm 

Bram wrote:
I *think* fronts will fit. (With correct struts) But the ABS tone wheel on the driveshaft will not line up. You can get spacers/alternative tone wheels from a company in the USA i think.

Oh yes, ABS, of course. Hadn't thought of that. Will have to look into that or hope someone can confirm / shed more light on it

Bram wrote:
The rear will need the r180 rear shafts. Doing the r180 rear will most likely require a matching gearbox unless you can find a tripple4 r180.

4.444 R180 isn't too hard to come by - can get the JDM GC8 STi RA ones, or there's the AUDM MY07 WRX tbSTI 4.444 R180 rear diff, which I have one of already to put in one of my Libertys so can do the same for the Foz with the GDB STi R180 rear hubs and shafts if they have ABS

Thanks heaps for your reply mate

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]