Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: BFG KO2 (MY10 SH)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:03 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 2.0D Premium

Hi all,

Considering getting these for my foz, anyone had any experience with them? Can't find posts here about them.

Post subject: Re: BFG KO2 (MY10 SH)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:01 pm 

Vehicle: 00 gt

Hello, where do you plan on taking your foz?? A mate has some on his pajero. And had the earlier model.

The aggressive sidewalls dont look to bad if thats your thing. I beleive they are better then the origional but still remain hard nd noisy. I would consider them on a large 4x4 that i did a lot of rocky gravel work but would then probably go some micky atz or mtz.

If its a bit of sand, gravel but you still want good road manners its hard to go past the yokohama ats. The new ge015 even get a good wrap in the mud. They still arent as quiet as a road tyre but good for an all terain. Excellent in the sand!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 Subaru Forester X3

+ 1 on the Yokohama GE015's. Plus you can get them a lot cheaper. I have them on my SH (215x70x16) however they will rub on full lock during u-turn and that is with a 2" lift. I've had them in mud and snow and they do really well, plus they don't make the car a pig on the road or kill the fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:52 am 

Will mainly be bush tracks in the victorian highlands, so some mud and gravel, not much snow and even less sand.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:09 pm 

Have had these in the Vic high country and they went really well, so they should be fine for your purpose. Up to you though obviously, but I couldn't justify the extra 600 bucks for BFG's despite them looking a bit more tough on the car.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:05 pm 

Jakey_G wrote:
+ 1 on the Yokohama GE015's. Plus you can get them a lot cheaper. I have them on my SH (215x70x16) however they will rub on full lock during u-turn and that is with a 2" lift. I've had them in mud and snow and they do really well, plus they don't make the car a pig on the road or kill the fuel mileage.

Will those fit if you don't have a lift? I'm not planning a lift at all, just some decent tyres. KO2's were just one of the top ones recommended to me, but I'm open to all suggestions! Yes I will go and read the rest of this board, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:41 pm 

No chance in the world would they fit without a lift. You may be able to get smaller tires that I got, however I'm not 100% sure. I took The lift out briefly while I was getting some suspension work done, and I had to drive at like five ks an hour otherwise it would've wrapped and ripped the guards off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm 

Jakey_G wrote:
No chance in the world would they fit without a lift. You may be able to get smaller tires that I got, however I'm not 100% sure. I took The lift out briefly while I was getting some suspension work done, and I had to drive at like five ks an hour otherwise it would've wrapped and ripped the guards off.

No worries, I have no idea about tyres yet, lol. Can you please send me a picture of yours? I haven't decided if I want to get a lift or not yet, I've seen some that look ridiculous and others that work really well, depends on the shoes it's wearing sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:16 pm 

Yep, will take a pic and send it later. I think it looks awesome, but there are definitely a few considerations before you go down the lifting path. SH's don't seem to lift as easily as earlier models and can sometimes have issues with the driveshaft CV angles, which for me led to vibrations. It doesn't seem to be consistent to all though so may depend on how good your shafts are to start off with. If you get vibration issues, you're looking at around $500 for a set of aftermarket modified driveshaft. If your LCA bushes are in their way out, a lift can push them over too. Thorough alignment after all of it. It's not as simple as chuck them in and away you go unfortunately (well it wasn't for me anyway). I'm really happy with the look now and it handles fine day to day and obviously has more clearance Offroad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 pm 

Filthy car and crap lighting, but you get the idea

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next