Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: 2003 XT Luxury - new downpipe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:34 pm 

Vehicle: MY03 XT - Black

Hi guys,

I feel like this is something that that must have been covered before, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for (have done loads of reading on forester exhaust upgrades and there is loads of information out there).

I am looking to upgrade the downpipe on my 2003 Forester XT Luxury - The problem is that because it's automatic, I can't seem to find an off-the-shelf downpipe that will fit it. All the downpipes I have come accross are for the manual version, which as far as I know will not bolt-on to the auto because it has a larger steering knuckle.

I was just going to replace the downpipe and fit it onto the stock catback as I have done a bit of research and apparently there isn't much to gain changing the centrepipe as it's already 2.5". I'd also like to keep the car quiet/looking like stock as well as keeping as much ground clearance as I can.

Is having something custom made my only option?

Post subject: Re: 2003 XT Luxury - new downpipe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 pm 

I Say: The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
Vehicle: Crystal Grey '05 XT

I've never heard of people having issues with fitting a down pipe to an auto Foz. That being said, your only option is to go custom if you to mate it up to the stock cat back section.

|IHI VF34|GS EBCS|PW TMIC|APS CAI|GECKO COILOVERS|

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 pm 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

Yeh some dump pipes just hit the knuckle regardless of auto or manual , mines had a good massage to make it clear .

As far as I know there's some newer ones on the market now that clear , some one with an auto and a dump :) might chime in anyway with what brand they have ...
Maybe hit up dc imports in vendor section here , thought I might've heard they had some awhile back

You might also want swap that catted up pipe if still stock exhaust for a stock subaru cat less up pipe while your at it , can be had cheap from late sg etc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm 

A couple of years ago I put an ultrex tbe on my06 auto, the downpipe rubbed on the steering knuckle so had to take it back to the exhaust shop and paid for them to bash it in a bit to clear

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi5 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:00 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

Dear Venerator,

PM'ed you re this.

I have a My12 SH XTP 4AET and got my dump pipe from a friend of mine Tony Bear.

I am sure it was compatible with 2009 GT Liberty auto and WRX etc.

That may not help you. But Tony can! PM Tony, and tell him Al referred you to him.

On OzFoz Tony is 'tbear' and ramping up his stock of specialized exhausts to suit Foresters.

http://www.tcpauto.com.au/ Tony needs to update his website!

Cheers Al

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]