Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Levorg Bilsteins
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:21 pm 

Vehicle: My09 XT

Hey all. I'm new to the site and modifying in general. I just acquired my first Subaru Forester MY09 XT, love it.

I'm looking to lower the vehicle and have been considering my options (STI or WRX take offs, coilovers etc).

I have the opportunity to buy some Bilsteins from the Levorg and would like to know if these would bolt right up or would they need some persuasion to fit. I have read some bad report about the Billies from some Levorg owners, complaints about the rear being too soft and such, so I would like to know if anyone has done this swap and what are the results. Is it even worthwhile considering this for the SH.

Post subject: Re: Levorg Bilsteins
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:57 pm 

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

I had an issue with the suspension in my Foz when it was newish, Subaru was going to replace all of the struts, so I paid a bit extra and got the ts Japanese model sti springs and struts. Was an absolute waste of money, should have gone coilovers straight away. Lesson learnt!

All wrx stock struts droop cause of the xtra weight, the levorg probably will to.

Post subject: Re: Levorg Bilsteins
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:25 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

I put some MY08 STi struts/springs on mine. They dropped the car pretty significantly but I haven't noticed any droop since then. They had about 60k kms on them before they were removed from the STi.

http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=57745&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

MY11+ STi's have firmer spring rates. I wouldn't go with the WRX as they're softer and there's a lot of commentary about the WRX take-offs sagging in the rear.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]