Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 4/2 pot installation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:57 pm 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

esir wrote:
Thanks cam, so the stock SH rotors work?

Fronts will , rears won’t . Ha yeh they look good -on my tiny 16 s with a beesdick of clearance it’s the mini equivalent of those massive hsv calipers
While they don't have the performance of the bigger lib gt brakes but with the bigger rears the 4/2s are still an upgrade , there's less nosedive and better balance as well as a **** ton of performance pads available to suit .. Got mine at a great price with good pads , they do the job on the street no probs at all so I'm happy with em

Last edited by cam99 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

esir wrote:
carsubie wrote:
These are actually better than a 4/2 pot WRX setup: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=58250&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

dammm, not too far from my place... the only issue is that they dont look as good as the 4pots, i know thats a douchbag thing to say but now im confused as im stuck between 2 cool options with each their own unique benefit :(

Better check 07 I think maybe gen 4 - the rears won’t fit sh - you need gen 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 SH XTP 5MT

cam99 wrote:
esir wrote:
carsubie wrote:
These are actually better than a 4/2 pot WRX setup: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=58250&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Better check 07 I think maybe gen 4 - the rears won’t fit sh - you need gen 5

That's what I've got - Gen 5 rears and Gen 4 fronts on my SH (with DBA T2). They're great. Gen 5s would fit all round too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP

Ian Sol wrote:

That's what I've got - Gen 5 rears and Gen 4 fronts on my SH (with DBA T2). They're great. Gen 5s would fit all round too.

Cheers mate, do you know what upgraded rotors will go on the rear of an SH, im going to get DBA T2's on the front, just not sure about rears

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm 

esir wrote:
Ian Sol wrote:

Cheers mate, do you know what upgraded rotors will go on the rear of an SH, im going to get DBA T2's on the front, just not sure about rears

They do T2 for the rears too - I have T2s all round. Just remember to order the Liberty spec ones if you're fitting the Liberty callipers :shock: . Can't remember what pads I have but I'm about to swap to Winmax W3.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 pm 

Ian Sol wrote:
esir wrote:
Ian Sol wrote:

They do T2 for the rears too - I have T2s all round. Just remember to order the Liberty spec ones if you're fitting the Liberty callipers :shock: . Can't remember what pads I have but I'm about to swap to Winmax W3.

Actually, just found the receipt: DBA2650S-10 Front DBA2663S Rear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP

Ian Sol wrote:
esir wrote:
Ian Sol wrote:

do standard SH calipers fit on those T2 rear rotors?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 pm 

esir wrote:

do standard SH calipers fit on those T2 rear rotors?

Not as far as I know - those rotors are the Liberty GT ones to fit the GT callipers, including being vented, where my original SH ones were not. I have Liberty GT Gen 5 callipers on those DBA2663S rotors on the rear of my SH. I believe DBA 2659S-10 is the T2 rear to fit standard SH callipers but please check. It's all on the DBA website

https://dba.com.au/products/catalogue/online-catalogue/

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2