Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Wideband sensor / Gauges vs Torque pro question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:34 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition- Dark Grey

Hey Fam! Has been a while!

Rewrite of my previous post as I've had a few questions answered and I also got the brakes sorted out thanks to clayq.

Want to fit a Wideband O2 Sensor to my MY11 S-edition.
Remaining questions I have are, the wire that you run upto the ecu can it be plugged into a the stock ecu?

I am runnning Torque Pro on a compatible headunit for both use of boost and AFR readings and also error codes if any came up etc. Do you think Torque pro will suffice for gauges for both AFR and boost or should I invest in running gauges?

TIA all!

Post subject: Re: Wideband sensor / Gauges vs Torque pro question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 FXTP

You can wire up a wideband fairly easily.

Input into the ECU *as* a wideband is difficult.

The stock ECU bases the A/F value for the front A/F sensor on the current draw. You can't replicate this as the wideband has a 0-5v output.

So, you can't easily replace the front A/F sensor and have the ECU function properly in Closed Loop.

You could replace the rear OF sensor and use the configurable output form the wideband to emulate the narrowband signal, but again, you wont be seeing the correct wideband fuelling on the gauge.

If you have deleted the TGVs, or delete the Rear O2 (to do either you need to be familiar with editing and flashing ROM modifications to the ECU) then you can connect the 0-5v output directly and monitor it as a Voltage input.

Depending on if Torque is configurable, you can add in the appropriate voltage-to-AFR conversion and see it there.

In the end, for you, it might just become easier to use an AFR gauge and Torque Pro simultaneously.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

As rbimdxe indicated, probably best and simplest to:-

(a) leave the factory 02 sensor and computer alone;

(b) Display whatever you like on torque pro; and

(c) as it suits you, install separate gauges & a wideband sensor for anything you want to monitor more accurately.

I'm currently in the position where i enjoy torque pro data for boost and AFR (among other things) as a great bang-for-buck platform but am also looking for "better" information (and info not available on Torque Pro) from dedicated additional gauges.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:17 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition- Dark Grey

thanks for the input, that clears things up for me. Might leave the wideband until I do something with my ECU other than ecu flashing.

Thanks again :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]