Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Lift & Tyre Options
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:07 pm 

Vehicle: 2012 XTP in SWP

Hey guys,

I am leaning towards getting a 2" lift and some off-road oriented tyres for the foz. I know there is a heap of info on the web but hoping to get some opinions or experiences from OzFoz members if they've gone down this route. I'm eyeing off a SubieLiftOz kit or some King springs to get the height and potentially pairing it up with some Yoko Geolander AT's in 245/65/R17 (or around this size - will be getting new rims too). Interested to know whether these tyres would rub. The tyres don't have to be crazy-good offroad but ideally are balanced between noise, on-road performance etc. I've heard great things about the BFG K02's offroad but unsure about their road performance. For reference I still have the stock Geo's on the car.I need to stick to a 17inch rim to clear my upgraded front brake rotors.

Does anyone have any experience with the lifts or tyres? Also open to suggestions!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Lift & Tyre Options
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm 

You won't go wrong with SubieLiftOz and king springs. Contact @Nachaluva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:19 pm 

Vehicle: 2010 Forester Diesel

245/ 65??

Dont think you have a hope in hell to get away with them...

I just put 235/ 60 /17 on mine and there is less than a cm space to the spring mount and they rub slightly at full lock on the guard lip at the back of the wheelarch.

Lift kit I have 2" from SubiliftOz easy to install and good quality

2010 Frosty
2" lift, Snorkel, no EGR or DPF, 235/60/17, bashplate, sidesteps, rear wheel carrier, Aldi roofrack, tray and awning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 am 

I Say: I JUST WANT QUICKER SPOOL UP WITH MORE TOP END
Vehicle: MY09 SH Forester XT Premium

As above. IMO I don't think they will fit. It's a wide tyre and 65% of the 245 is quite tall. I'm happy with my 225/60/17 Bridgestone dueler P697

Internally Stock EJ255, VF34 Turbo, Motec 500HP internal fuel pump, Hyper-flow TMIC, Full set of lightweight under drive GFB pullys, 3" TBE, GFB recirc valve, GrimmSpeed AOS, Baffled Catch Can, CAI, MAF Pipe, Turbo blanket, Auto Trans-cooler, ECUTEK tune, F & R Gen5 GT brakes, SS lines, master cylinder brace.. (Power? No idea, it's fun though)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]