Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 9   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: MY09 Takata passenger airbag failure recall
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Tobyo wrote:
Just noticed the recall completed stickers on the drivers side for the airbag and air pump.

Wow. Im surprised your OCD allowed for it to go un-noticed until now. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Bram wrote:
Tobyo wrote:
Just noticed the recall completed stickers on the drivers side for the airbag and air pump.

Wow. Im surprised your OCD allowed for it to go un-noticed until now. :dontknow:

I guess Tobyo will have the recall stickers remade via laser cutting :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

I was furious regarding the alignment of the stickers, especially the spacing. Though perhaps future recalls will fill the void between them :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 FXTP

jonp wrote:
clayq wrote:
Finally got my letter 'do you own this car', sent the reply back, guess I better book in :roll:

FYI - I got the letter, filled it in and sent it back. I then called the dealer to book it in. The dealer said I have to waited until Subaru send another letter confirming airbag availability. Once the second letter is received I can book it in.

Good to know.

Got the first letter and forgot to reply, got a follow up and replied in November and haven't heard anything.

Car was off the road between April and December due to big end failure and a full rebuild, so hadn't worried too much about it. But now that its getting driven again, will need to get onto this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

rbimdxe wrote:
jonp wrote:
clayq wrote:
Finally got my letter 'do you own this car', sent the reply back, guess I better book in :roll:

FYI - I got the letter, filled it in and sent it back. I then called the dealer to book it in. The dealer said I have to waited until Subaru send another letter confirming airbag availability. Once the second letter is received I can book it in.

Good to know.

Got the first letter and forgot to reply, got a follow up and replied in November and haven't heard anything.

Car was off the road between April and December due to big end failure and a full rebuild, so hadn't worried too much about it. But now that its getting driven again, will need to get onto this.

Well "rbimdxe",

We have something in common......

My SH XTP has been off the road since March 2017 with Big End Failure (Long story). So I hadn't worried about the Takata passenger airbag failure recall too much.

Maybe they will have fresher stock of the Takata passenger airbag the longer it goes on?

Kris at Rising Sun Subaru gad assembled my forged build engine this week, apart from the ordered but long awaited PSR Headers and Up pipe, and getting the Adjustable Timing set up. Ohh and the Sti oil cooler set up.

Great timing too, as Kris at Rising Sun Subaru leave today for holiday, and shopping trip to Japan. So Kris will be fresh to get mine completed when he back on the 29th January.

There are a lot of the Takata passenger airbag's out there needing replacing......

Cheers Al

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:02 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 FXTP

Forester4thetrees wrote:
Well "rbimdxe",

My SH XTP has been off the road since March 2017 with Big End Failure (Long story). So I hadn't worried about the Takata passenger airbag failure recall too much.

Maybe they will have fresher stock of the Takata passenger airbag the longer it goes on?

Kris at Rising Sun Subaru gad assembled my forged build engine this week, apart from the ordered but long awaited PSR Headers and Up pipe, and getting the Adjustable Timing set up. Ohh and the Sti oil cooler set up.

Great timing too, as Kris at Rising Sun Subaru leave today for holiday, and shopping trip to Japan. So Kris will be fresh to get mine completed when he back on the 29th January.

There are a lot of the Takata passenger airbag's out there needing replacing......

Cheers Al

Yeah,that's what I'm hoping as well - to avoid the "interim" replacement, where they used "newer, but still faulty" airbags which then need to be replaced a second time.

It's so good to finally have the car back on the road, now I just have to avoid spending money on it - that was the good thing about not having it, no fuel costs, no "why not" purchases, etc :lol:

Has Kris got yours back together yet?

Ps, the commonalities keep going - I'm also an 'Al' :thumbs:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

rbimdxe wrote:
Forester4thetrees wrote:
Well "rbimdxe",

It's so good to finally have the car back on the road, now I just have to avoid spending money on it - that was the good thing about not having it, no fuel costs, no "why not" purchases, etc :lol:

Has Kris got yours back together yet?

Ps, the commonalities keep going - I'm also an 'Al' :thumbs:

I feel your pain. Al :thumbs:
Pm'd you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:37 am 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-28/d ... ll/9491766

Post subject: MY09 Takata passenger airbag failure recall
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 am 

I Say: Ozfoz Courier Service - Newcastle Office
Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Got mine booked in for replacement on Monday. Like for like just newer.

The dealer said they expect to then call me back in around 6 months or so for the permanent replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Team DGM~

216kw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:25 am 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

What a load of crap. 20 deaths globablly. And there are another 2 million cars in australia. If you look at how many cars globally would be affected - 100 million??? Then 20 deaths out of that many cars is insanely low odds. You have more chances of being stabbed/bashed/robbed/raped by a migrant from a 3rd world country like Sudan, than dieing from an airbag fault. But we dont see the politicians "recalling" these questionable migrants...

I wonder what sort of behind the scenes corrupt coercion has promted the recals. Would be a good time to have shares in competing airbag manufacturing compamies.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 9   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next