Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Need help, XT premium not boosting.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 pm 

Vehicle: liberty b4

hi guys, i have come across a problem with my foz i just bought. It all of a sudden lost boost recently, my mechanic said it was most likely the turbo however i removed the turbo which turned out to be a vf46 and replaced it with what would normaly be standard a TD04L and still has the same problem? car was stock standard so I was told but had a tune but obviously turbo had been changed too?

Post subject: Re: Need help, XT premium not boosting.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:22 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Assuming replacing the turbo eliminated the turbo being the problem. Also that the turbo was installed properly. Perhaps there is a boost leak? Check the boost solenoid connections?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:32 pm 

Hey mate, yeah ill have another look but because the inter-cooler came off i check all those vacuum hoses already. if its not the solenoid could it be like an ignition or fuel problem?
Just checked the solenoid and all seems to be connected ok.. the idol of the car is still smooth so if it were a boost leak there would be rough idol wouldnt there?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

When you say the car has lost boost, does this mean the car is stuttering/hesitating or just no power?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 pm 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

You need to look at a few things to help isolate the problem.
1) If you have a logger - put it on to see if anything is happening to the boost, it may be small.
2) check the intercooler for leaks, especially around the throttle body connection. Check the intercooler integrity, stocks have a tendency to burst at around 17psi.
3) make sure that all of the hoses that go to the solenoid are not split, and connected to the right place.

The car will be fine at idle, just be careful as it may be running very rich if you have a boost leak.

Let us know what you find.

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Ceramic Headers & UP Lava wrapped, Ceramic DP, Large TMIC, GFB BOV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:06 pm 

Hey guys, yeah when the VF46 was on it was hesitating would get a bit of power/ pull and then disappear completely.. now the TD04 is on its smoother but still lacking a lot of power..
Ive checked every single vacuum hose and connection all seem to be fine.. the only hose i think could be suspect is one going from solenoid to turbo it seems to be a little weathered/ heat affected..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:35 pm 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

If it looks weathered, and has been stretched from changing turbo, that may be it.
Sounds like you are only running waste gate boost pressure - that will depend on the waste gate spring size - from memory 7psi for TD04.

Just make sure you use the right restrictor pill, it may have been changed for the VF46. That will affect the boost target accuracy.

Is there any way to see if it has been tuned?? This may be the root cause.
Are there any other mods that you know if or can see ?
Can you get access to a logger ??

Where are you in Sydney ??

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Ceramic Headers & UP Lava wrapped, Ceramic DP, Large TMIC, GFB BOV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 pm 

Turns out its got low compression :(

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]