Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: MY11 Brakes on a SH9 Forester
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:26 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

T2 rotors are about $275 delivered. So $30 for stock rotors seems good.

Regarding the difference between stock rotors vs T2 rotors, it is best others comment as I have not driven the car long enough or hard enough to provide a valid assessment. That said, no complaints before or after.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:44 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT Forester

Sounds like I can't really go wrong so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy them.

Yowie wrote:
$30 for rotors sounds like a bargain compared to full retail price on new slotted aftermarket rotors.

jonp wrote:
T2 rotors are about $275 delivered. So $30 for stock rotors seems good.

For $30 more there is no real loss if I have to have them machined or even buy shiny new slotted ones. I just had a look and found DBA650S for just over $200 so even if I have to get those it is still a hell of a lot cheaper than buying new. I just had a look on jp-carparts and the calipers alone are $510AUD each not including shipping...

If I'm lucky I'll get them in time and they can go on the same day the VF46 does :D

and cheers guys, now I can tell my wife who to blame for 'making' me spend more money on my car :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:00 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

ephantom wrote:
...and cheers guys, now I can tell my wife who to blame for 'making' me spend more money on my car :mrgreen:

Brakes are all about safety. Surely an understanding wife wouldn't want you to be less safe? :lol:

Plus, you're saving a ton of money with the 2nd hand OEM calipers & rotors by the look of it. She probably owes you a nice dinner etc for this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

waggaclint wrote:
I run MY12 LGT front & rears on mine, all straight bolt on and a big improvement over the stock setup http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44251&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=70

I too run MY12 LGT front & rears on mine, all straight bolt on and a big improvement over the stock setup.

Sydney wrecker sent me the correct fronts right but GT G4's for the rears, wrong!

They sent me the correct G5 LGT rears and I still have the GT G4's for the rears.

Plus my leftover std SH should be an upgrade for earlier Foresters?

Cheers Al

Last edited by Forester4thetrees on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:31 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT Forester

Yowie wrote:
Plus, you're saving a ton of money with the 2nd hand OEM calipers & rotors by the look of it. She probably owes you a nice dinner etc for this.

Now that you've put it that way yes it's an outrage! Dinner and a nice weekend away :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:17 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP - Dark Gray Metallic

I just bought a set off a wrecker on eBay listed as Liberty GT Gen 4 2005 front calipers, but after checking the VIN its a BL from 2003. Did I just buy the wrong calipers?

Gah, I think they may have a smaller rotor size and I dun goofed.

2010 Subaru Forester XT Premium - "Stage 2" - TurboSMART eBoost Street Boost Controller @ 19PSI | VF52 | Home-made Mild Steel Dump | WRX mid-pipe and mufflers | Pedders lowering springs | Tuned by Torqued Performance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:06 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP - Dark Gray Metallic

Nevermind, think I just panicked. Everywhere I check says all BL Liberty GT had the 316mm rotors... Ignore me :D

2010 Subaru Forester XT Premium - "Stage 2" - TurboSMART eBoost Street Boost Controller @ 19PSI | VF52 | Home-made Mild Steel Dump | WRX mid-pipe and mufflers | Pedders lowering springs | Tuned by Torqued Performance

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5