Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Reduce body roll - without lowering? SH Foz
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:33 pm 

Vehicle: 2008 MY09 F XTP

I am assuming there meant to be solid, one has a heap of play in it, so might as well do both.

Think I will price them up from subaru, see how much they are otherwise I will go some whiteline ones unless someone chimes in with a recommendation :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Marine Blue

I had Whiteline endlinks until one snapped during the daily commute to work just after the warranty expired. Also having to constantly tighten them even with Loctite on them (ended up with Loctite + double nuts) contributed to my decision to go elsewhere for endlinks. I may have got a faulty set though so this is just my personal experience.

I Replaced them with Kartboy endlinks which are working well, these things are thick and I can't see how they'd break.
If you value the ability to adjust the length then the Kartboy links won't work for you as they aren't adjustable like the Whiteline ones.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 pm 

Where do you buy the kart boy links from ? How much where they ?

I actually just ordered the adjustable ones from Whiteline...hope I don't have a similar experience!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am 

Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Marine Blue

They aren't cheap, Kartboy are a small business based in USA but a few retailers offer their parts.
I got a complete front/rear set from Entra Imports for $283 shipped.

I've previously enjoyed Whiteline products but the front and rear links on my SH caused me nothing but problems. As I said it could have just been a bad set I received so you might have better luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:10 pm 

I installed mine today, took alot longer then I thought it would.

Honestly I can't recommend them.

Install was a pain compared to stock end links, the added adjust-ability adds that extra step and to top it off, mine were about 0.5mm too wide to fit, I had to sand them down to get them to fit.

Would not buy again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT - Silver

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the info about sway bars and endlinks. I got myself a 2010 XTP last year and have been dying to do something about the body roll. Anyway, after a bit of research I decided on the Whiteline 22mm RSB and 24mm FSB with Kartboy endlinks front and rear. Have to say I'm stoked I didn't go smaller. Cornering is so much more fun.. the car feels much more planted. Braking also feels more controlled.. but that might just be me thinking it is :roll:

One thing I noticed is the front Kartboy endlinks are not perpendicular but are on an angle. I did read somewhere that spacers might be required for the FSB & Kartboy endlinks combo to make these sit perpendicular.. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers
T

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:39 pm 

Oh I forgot I started this thread....I ended up adding a strut bar (ones that go from each strut to the other in the engine bay) - that made a very noticeable difference to body roll.

I think ultimately though I will end up on coilovers as power begins to increase... ;)

Post subject: Reduce body roll - without lowering? SH Foz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:18 pm 

I Say: Mum, when I grow up, I want to be a pilot! Sorry son, you can't do both!! :D
Vehicle: MY05 XT Luxury AT, white

Strut braces don’t do anything at all for body roll ... what it does, is tie the strut towers together to reduce twisting / bending in the bodywork.

More weight on the outside during cornering, pulls that fender outwards, ruining the camber on the outside wheel / tyre (along with other things that ruin the camber curve of the MacPherson Strut front end). With the strut brace connected, the lean of the outside tower pulls on the inside tower, reducing the ‘outward lean’ of the outside fender / wheel (i.e. the inside tower pulls back).

Unbraced chassis parts that flex and bend under load, act like an undamped / uncontrolled spring, making them unpredictable, hence the avid use of braces throughout a street car to stiffen the chassis / bodywork in order to maintain suspension geometry. Refer to my previous comment about the fender brace, too!?

You guys with SHs, have 24mm rear bars available from Whiteline ... you should be all over those things!Image

Last edited by craig747400 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:22 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

I've been driving my 09 XTP back to back with my '10 S-Edition:
XTP has Pedders sportsryder springs with Cusco adjustable shocks & Whiteline Com-C hats, it did also have a 22mm whiteline RSB. This car was flat in the corners and settled very quickly into a corner. The rear would rotate around nicely and there was just about zero body roll during normal street driving.

The S-Edition is on OEM struts/springs and now has the 22mm RSB installed on it. It's nowhere near the same feeling as the XTP. The additional ride height and softer springs have a lot more movement in them than I'd like and the RSB doesn't seem as effective as it was on the lower XTP. Still tossing up whether to swap the Cusco's over to the SE.

Both cars are on RE003's.

OnlineProfile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5