Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Whats your thoughts on price?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:23 am 

Vehicle: 06 and 10 XT, Datsun 1200 ute

Hey ozfoz, got my forester for sale in the sales section.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=57639

So I have it for sale here, gumtree and carsales. It has had some interest BUT most offers are pretty low IMO...
Just thought id come here and ask if my price is unreasonable or if you guys think it's in the ball park? It is negotiable but I thought
the price was pretty damn reasonable... Am I off the mark?

cheers

Post subject: Re: Whats your thoughts on price?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 pm 

Vehicle: Rather not say...

It's a really nice car with a lot of money put into it but it's still a 10 year old car. Unless there's someone passionate about an sg with all the work done already it may take a bit to sell. If I was in the market (likely end of next year) I'd be interested, but I would probably only pay around 15k.

Also to note somebody would need the cash lying around, it would be hard to get a loan that big for an older car

GONE: MY13 Spec R - black

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm 

Yeah there is 0% chance i will sell it for 15k, will just hang onto it... It's had 13k spent on it in the last 2 years lol
I thought if I was out on price it wasn't going to be 3.5k :shock:

I've always gone for personal loans through the bank, not car loans so have never been nocked back for spending to much on an older car...
Paid 13k for a 92 skyline, market value would be lucky to be 5k when I did it and there was no issue of funding from the bank.

cheers for the input though and if more people say 15k is the mark I will just pull the sale ad down, i can't justify that loss.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

You never get back you spend on modified cars. Its just the nature of the beast. If you can return the car to stock-ish, then on sell the individual parts you might get a bit more. But you will have to deal with alot of time wasters and such.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm 

Yeah I would think you could probably get about 6k for all the stock parts but sg's are selling for under 10k these days so may not be worth it.

Check out this beast that sold for less than 16k a few months back: viewtopic.php?f=39&p=1079092

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pm 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

Yeh I love your car 'if ' I had the coin / was in the market and it was a six speed conversion I would probably go your asking price if all checked out on inspection but yeh I'd have to say still being a 5 speed/ 160 I'd be a bit off just going on what I've seen six speed built motored etc sg s go for , IMO that would finish it off perfectly for me but it's another few grand to spend .
That said I , it looks like its pretty bloody good condition and if someone who really loves the sg's wants a top example you may get a sale down the track around 16.5/17 at a rough guess , I know what your saying about money spent , sometimes it's better just to keep things - or stick to your guns and be prepared to be very very patient .
Just my 2 c - congrats on the car anyway , it's hot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 am 

Yeah thanks guys for the kind words, it is a great example and the photos don't really do it justice to be honest...
I did toss up the 6 speed for a while but this box feels nice with no issues and yeah the extra outlay of coin...
I might try to wait it out a little and if the right person comes along I can always be a bit more negotiable on price I guess? It has had a fair bit of interest but swaps plus cash or low balls have been the most of it :( I guess I might have to look at low $17's as not being an offensive offer lol

cheers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:52 am 

I've had my 13 sti on the market for a month now. Had it up for 38k and had offers of 25k. I kindly told them to fvck off. It's now at 35 and offers are coming in at 30 and 31 but I can't let it go for that cheap. I think leading up to Xmas people aren't willing to spend but hopefully the new year will net us both a sale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 pm 

I Say: what is LFS?
Vehicle: MY01 GT Manual Maroon mica Lux

Would like to know what it sold for!

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm 

I Say: very little. It always gets me into trouble ...
Vehicle: MY07 X MT

seanmy07 wrote:
I kindly told them to fvck off.
My son's stock (non-Foz) car is in good nick and red-booked at 4200-5750. Had lowballers at 3k up to 3.8, most I have totally ignored but some have been GAGF-ed.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]