Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Racing Logic Coilovers question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 pm 

Vehicle: MY04-XT Lux

Hi all, I have recently taken a set of Racing Logic coilovers off of my 04 XT as to harsh for a daily & work vehicle + missus shares Foz!! They are in fantastic condition with around 20k on them, the rubber spring looking thing has aged a bit but is just a splash thing I reckon!!! So I wondered if it wasn’t to rude to ask their value? Here should be a link to the specs. http://www.streettuned.com.au/Hidden/Ra ... d_388.html
Let me know or delete if not appropriate, I’m actually more interested in getting the gda sti wagon struts that should be a straight swap for a foz?

Post subject: Re: Racing Logic Coilovers question
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:59 pm 

I Say: Yay-ya
Vehicle: SG9 XT

6/5 spring rate should be nice?
maybe lower dampening force or reduce spring preload?

gda sti is 4x114.3, might be different struts design?
but the gga wrx wagon bolted in fine with minimal or no sag (gda sedan might sag?)

Last edited by Rthy on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:02 pm 

Vehicle: MY04-XT Lux

Thanks for the info mate ^^ Would you have a pic of your sg9 with gga struts on, just want to see the ride height and if you have the tyre and wheel sizes too that would be awsome?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 am 

Check the below link, has some great into on using the impreza/wrx struts
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... ow-294618/
Quote:
Top Hats
This is where the most confusion is had for the strut swap.

Fronts: 02-07 WRX/STI and 03-08 Forester (they are all the same fitment)

Rears:02-03 WRX rear top hats are different from 04-07 WRX/STI and 03-08 Forester rear strut mounts.

***If you are swapping any 02-03 WRX rear strut into your SG Forester and are using 04-07 springs and mounts you will need the Scooby921 strut spacer, for your rear struts only, made by TiC.***If you do not buy the spacers then it will result in damage to the strut and eventually catastrophic failure. They simply sit on the strut shaft and keep the mount flat when installed.

These spacers are necessary only when using 04-07 rear strut mounts on 02-03 struts. If you are using 02-03 strut mounts you can simply use 02-03 WRX rear springs.

Springs
Fronts: You can use any 02-07 WRX or STI front springs as they are all the same throughout these years.

Rears: 02-03 WRX rear springs are different from 04-07 WRX/STI rear springs.

Struts
Any 02-07 WRX and 04 STI strut will fit into a SG Forester with no modification.
If you are looking to install 05-07 STI struts then structural modification to the lower mounting bolt holes on the strut will have to be done due to the hub difference. (5x100 to 5x114.3)

Strut mount spacers:
These are used to lift the body of your vehicle off of the strut top by a specific amount. When using WRX or STI struts a 3/8" spacer in the rear is the most commonly used with no spacer in the front. This is due to the struts being designed for sedans as opposed to our heavier Forester SUVs.

There is a guy in melb who sells 1/2" or 12mm rear strut spacers should you go down the sedan path:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mulgrav ... 1135478687

Last edited by Rthy on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 am 

sorry for the inconsistent photos haha
forester sti sg9 struts and springs with stock 03-04 sti wheels 17x7.5 +43? 215/55r17

forester x sg9 struts and kingsprings low with the momo's,
bout 1" 30-35mm drop from stock
KSFR-22
KSRS-39

wrx wagon GGA (2001 Bug eye?) stock struts and springs with momo ten-s (came with the car) 18x7.5 +38 235/45r18
give or take 2-3" drop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:59 pm 

Vehicle: Black My07 XT

Mcstevo wrote:
Hi all, I have recently taken a set of Racing Logic coilovers off of my 04 XT as to harsh for a daily & work vehicle + missus shares Foz!! They are in fantastic condition with around 20k on them, the rubber spring looking thing has aged a bit but is just a splash thing I reckon!!! So I wondered if it wasn’t to rude to ask their value? Here should be a link to the specs. http://www.streettuned.com.au/Hidden/Ra ... d_388.html
Let me know or delete if not appropriate, I’m actually more interested in getting the gda sti wagon struts that should be a straight swap for a foz?

Did you set the coilover up or just put it in how it came?
with my teins i put them in how they came and lived with the harshness of them before adjusting the spring purch to give it more bump travel and less drop travel. my teins are a 6kgf 5kgr and feel very nice after setting up.

For Sale.
Polisher, Exhaust, STi Alloy Rear Lateral Links, Sub boxes + more

For Sale.
Leather seats, Early and Late Fog Lights

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]