Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Hose pack?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:47 pm 

I Say: ...........
Vehicle: MY04 XT

Hey all

A mechanic is attempting to diagnose an oil leak on top of my engine block. Seeing as though my car is 13 years old, I have a feeling a lot of hoses, gaskets may break.
Also I would not mind replacing things at the same time.

is there a 'hose/gasket pack' that you can buy either aftermarket or from Subaru directly?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Hose pack?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:05 pm 

I Say: ...........

I found this...

Would this be the thing I'm after?

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... black.html

Post subject: Re: Hose pack?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 pm 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .

I'd first find what hose is leaking - youll have to work that out before anyone can say what will work to replace it , ill take a guess and say the Pcv hose or breather has gone hard and cracked and leaking , not many other oil hoses on top of the motor ...
but yeh just degrease / clean it up then it shouldn't be too hard to work out where it's coming from .
If its towards the front of the block / timing cover check its not power steering fluid running down .
I've replaced a few on mine and wife's car and just got genuine for a perfect fit - expensive but some are moulded to a certain shape
Could be wrong but doubt there's an after market pack of the oil hose breathers , but you could do a catch can etc with after market hose and could probably get aftermarket coolant hoses to suit if you wanted to go nuts - while your at it , some coolant hoses you'll probably find are rock hard to and the p/s return hose etc .

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]