Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Side feed injectors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 pm 

Vehicle: MY04 XT Cayenne Red

So I'm stuck where I have to carry out a tgv delete, so I may as well do an injector upgrade while it's apart. What would be the best way to go for bigger injectors? Are there any other makes that are a straight drop in? I see sard made a 800cc for the 2jzgte, would these fit as they can be had at a good price. Or am I better off going deatschwerks and bite the bullet on the cost for those?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Side feed injectors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Convert to topfeed. Get rails and injectors. Depending if your TGV delete blocks are topfeed or sidefeed originally, will depend on which rails you get (normal topfeed or sidefeed to topfeed converters.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 pm 

Sg9 forester with sidefeed injectors. Was trying to keep the budget low if possible, don't get a huge amount spare for mods too often

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 pm 

I Say: I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Vehicle: MY05 XTL - Black

Don't bother upgrading to larger sidefeeds as they are **** for tuning. If your doing a tgv delete then just convert the lot to topfeed. Hit up Kris at Rising sun subaru (local enough for you) for everything you need.

housemusik wrote:
H-are wrote:
Are you going 6 speed for the strength of it?
I just want to do skids bro :lol: DCCD ftw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 pm 

I've gone with the sti side feed deletes since I couldn't get a hold of anyone in regards to providing the top feeds with everything to go with it.

In the process, I have fitted some 1000cc side feed injectors, grimspeed phenolic spacers and adjusted the settings in the tune file for the new injectors.

I ran the battery nearly dead flat trying to get it started with the new injectors, so, I've had to purchase a battery charger to get some charge back in it to try and start it. I had 2 of the "new" injectors leak after installing them, so I fitted the replacement that were shipped out to me and there doesn't appear to be any more leaks.

My issue is now, I can't get it to fire. The battery isn't fully charged yet, but it doesn't even cough. If I can't get it to start with a charged battery I'll look at pulling the plugs and see what they are like.

Can anyone think of any other reason it may not start? I have checked over all the wiring, hoses, clamps and electrical connectors without any luck. Just want to get it driving again so I don't have to share the wife's car.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:58 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Probably because you have fitted injectors twice as big as before, and not adjusted the tune.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:01 am 

I have changed the scale and latency without luck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 am 

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

So you mean not winding over at all ? Double check that small wire that goes to the starter solenoid hasn't been broken - bumped / pulled of etc - or could be fuse / relay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:31 pm 

It's winding over, I pulled all the plugs and cleaned, dried (we're slightly wet of fuel) and refitted. Still waiting for the battery charge to get high enough to try and start it. I've put the stock injectors back in and loaded the old tune back in. Fingers crossed this works, I need my daily back desperately

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:44 pm 

I Say: I am a Subarist!
Vehicle: 06 JDM STi Foz

Try to relocate the ground terminal that bolts to the manifold. Needs to be on the engine block because phenolic spacers act as insulators and will cause ECU problems.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next