Change font size
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum traffic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:47 pm 

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

Traffic is certainly down, and so is general vendor interest. We have a number of outstanding unpaid vendor invoices which is frustrating (not Rus of course!!)

One of the great difficulties is that the massive reduction in vendors means that the forum is being run as a 'love job'. In my view, it would no longer be sustainable if it weren't for Magus working his magic behind the scenes when he can.

The admin team (all five of us!) have transitioned into busy careers and family life, so we have limited ability to service and promote the forum. Handing over the forum to someone else to run and host would similarly need to be a love-job - the forum simply won't be cost-neutral any time soon based upon the downward trend over the past three years or so.

It's certainly not unique to a one-make forum like OzFoz - many BIG automotive forums have shrunk or disappeared altogether. For a humble Forester forum, I think we've managed to hang in there longer than I originally thought we would.

The core group of hardcore members is the reason for this. Those of you who update build threads, share stories and experiences, along with the tech/info request of course. If it weren't for the ongoing banter/mateship/relationships, we'd have gone the way of RexNet long ago. Despite the dwindling activity, we still have a strong core community which is a credit to you all.

What's the answer? I sincerely do not know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:52 am 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Hey Pete. If anything was ever to happen to the forum. Is there a way we could download the info for safe keeping. The build journal i have for my car on here is the most complete documetation of all the work i have done to the car. And i regularily use the journal for refference and history of the car.

If the forum was ever at the stage of shutting up shop, could we be made aware of it before it simply dissapears. So that i could try and copy down the info?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:27 am 

I Say: Up the bum no babies
Vehicle: Undead SH9

What about a small yearly ($25?) membership fee if it helped?

''

Bram wrote:
And the only way for it to fit is with force and ripping flesh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:52 am 

Bram wrote:
Hey Pete. If anything was ever to happen to the forum. Is there a way we could download the info for safe keeping. The build journal i have for my car on here is the most complete documetation of all the work i have done to the car. And i regularily use the journal for refference and history of the car.

If the forum was ever at the stage of shutting up shop, could we be made aware of it before it simply dissapears. So that i could try and copy down the info?

Absolutely - I'm hoping to touch base with Magus over the coming weeks subject to his availability, to think about a plan of attack.

There's no intention of simply switching off the life support without notice - we'd like the forum to continue in some form, and to have all of the data and information preserves/accessible.

It may even involve handing it over to other parties.

Let's see how things pan out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:57 am 

mikthedinosaur wrote:

Hi Mik! Hope you're well mate.

At present, we're able to keep the forum on-line thanks to Magus. Your suggestion and gesture is appreciated, but we'd need to give very careful thought to any kind of member contributions.

I think the bigger issue is the actual administration and moderation aspect. Given that most of the admin team have moved on in life (with most no longer owning Foresters!) and have extremely limited time to be on-line, we will think about other options into the future.

Post subject: Forum traffic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Posted reply in Forum Announcement, Feedback or Suggestions section

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47089&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:41 pm 

I Say: Who Needs Boost Anyway??
Vehicle: MY10 2.0D Premium

mikthedinosaur wrote:

Now where did my GTRydaz Premium Member Key Ring get to....

Rick... Rick!!..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:52 pm 

I Say: Keep the hammer down
Vehicle: 02GT/6MT/Modtown

Robbks wrote:
mikthedinosaur wrote:

Now where did my GTRydaz Premium Member Key Ring get to....

Rick... Rick!!..

Bahahahahahahaha... hahahhahhaha.... ha *cough*

Always getting logged out? Drop the .au, ozfoz.com.au

Wanted to buy: Rays Volk CE28N 17x8 +44 PCD5x100 10 spoke, Qty: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 am 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

dimsim wrote:
....i'm not a member of any, and can't stand social media......especially facebook!

+1

Couldn't have expressed it any better.

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm 

I Say: I f'kn love driving on LSD!
Vehicle: MY09 XTP WRB 6MT

Great thread Russ, and plenty of common sense replies. I can see this forum surviving just on the 'core' members established over the last 4-6 years (but hopefully that keeps growing) but as others have suggested, work, family, a Foz that's now 'finished' (lol), and in my case other interests all take time away from reading and creating the posts I used to. I still check in every now and then and really value the experience and friendships built here over the years. Long live OzFoz in any way, shape, form it can survive... To date, I've not come across anything like it in other areas of life :ok:

PS - We need to resurrect to OzFoz calendar for 2017, my desk wall is blank!

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador
GARAGE SALE HEL Rear Lines, SH9 4.44 R160, Liberty 3.9 R160

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next