Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Forum traffic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:03 pm 

I Say: You get in the bowl.

Hey guys, I want to say how much I really love Ozfoz and forums in general. But as of the past few years I am seeing hardly any traffic or posts on them anymore. I think we should all start thinking more how we can build up forums again.

I think one thing I can do is start at least a build/driveway thread of my car. Hopefully I'll start one this week.

But I encourage you guys to all start posting up on forums more! If we don't support the forums with our posts and comments the forum owners won't pay the huge costs to keep it running.

If you agree with me please go to the build threads and give them a comment.

Then go to your state threads and organise a lunch or cruise. We need forums because they have so much info that helps us all.

I'm already worried that I won't sponsor the site next year as it is costing more that it's worth. But I don't want to do that as I love Ozfoz and hope it lives on! I'll do my part and keep sponsoring but you guys do your part and keep posting! Keep linking to Ozfoz and keep it alive!

Russgt

http://www.kap.industries

Search User: @kapindustries on Instagram!

https://www.facebook.com/Kap-Industries ... 405181755/

Post subject: Re: Forum traffic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:45 pm 

I Say: Up the bum no babies
Vehicle: Undead SH9

Well said.

Fck Facebook

''

Bram wrote:
And the only way for it to fit is with force and ripping flesh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:08 pm 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

Well said Russ

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:58 pm 

Vehicle: MY99 GT bare shell on stands

You're preaching to the choir I'm afraid.

I agree with your sentiment, and I refuse to engage in any social meda any more, but there's very little to draw new blood to forums, especially single marque or single model ones like this. A forum doesn't offer the breadth of engagement nor speed of feedback that social media has caused The Young People to expect.

IG, facebook, twitter, etc are tightly integrated into people's daily lives, it's a push model where updates are buzzing at them as frequently as they'll permit.

OzFoz has a fair bit of what is called perma-green content in SEO and web publishing — long-relevant technical content that will bring new visitors if they are searching for an answer to something explained here.. Sadly forums as a place of conversation are on an assured path to death, with the exception of forums populated by groups who flock there specifically to avoid the facebook crowd. ie: old people like a few of us.

If you want to prop up a forum you need to invest in increasing membership. Commercial forums do this, because the business goes bust otherwise. I've moderated and administered forums many times larger than OzFoz, and in those situations you employ community leaders with explicit KPIs for the year/period. NASIOC for example has a huge amount of advertising, and a lot of people, but it continues largely out of inertia. People come because people are there. Check "Today's posts" any day there and you'll see it's 2/3 For Sale threads/bumps and 1/3 pollitical banter and similar worthless bullsh*t between old faithfuls who are already invested. Look at wrx.com.au for a reference closer to home. Practically dead. Majority new activity is for sale threads of people parting out early GDs and late GCs, or cleaning out parts in their garages for cars they no longer own.

If you want to prop up OzFoz, you have to go and find new members and give them a reason to engage and return.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:09 pm 

I Say: You get in the bowl.

Damn man. You unfortunately are 100% correct.

Certain death! Man that's grim.

We can only keep trying though! I will anyway!

http://www.kap.industries

Search User: @kapindustries on Instagram!

https://www.facebook.com/Kap-Industries ... 405181755/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm 

I Say: Embrace the Grind
Vehicle: Regal Blue 05 XT Lux manual

Doesn't help when non facebookers like Bram's ride gets shared around facebook by other people.
Also maybe letting non-members view the forum esp the technical articles is no longer a good idea it once was. People just look at the info they want but never join or contribute , but off the facebook they will show their latest DIY with the info gleaned off here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:32 am 

I Say: let the part harvest begin
Vehicle: 99GTLUX

Yep good observation. I myself have a huge amount I can update on my build thread... time to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:05 pm 

I Say: Please install indicators on ALL cars!!
Vehicle: MY07 XT - Silver

I'm reading and viewing everyday im at work, but i just dont have much to say :lol: :lol:

i'll try harder though :thumbs:

Please don't let this site die......i'm not a member of any, and can't stand social media......especially facebook!

01G 'Silver' MY07 XTM | Genuine STi Front Bar + Grille | Genuine Forester STi Struts + Pink Springs | LGT F+R Brakes | STi TMIC | 3.5" X-Force TBE + Varex | 19x8 Advanti Chasers | Whiteline RSB + Endlinks + HD Mounts | Whiteline Front Strut Brace | Alpine iPod Deck + Cradle + Amps + Sub |

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:01 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY06 RColt

dimsim wrote:
I'm reading and viewing everyday im at work, but i just dont have much to say :lol: :lol:
+1 million.
Seen many a forum dwindle and die, it's unfortunate because it's easier for someone to ask day in, day out "what oil should I use" amongst social outlets than to register, participate and be properly apart of a community.
I still by habit turn to forums over anything else to look for archived information, and will ask there so it becomes archived for future value.

Most of my ramblins and rants hold little to no factual value anyway lol, but I love forums! Just something about them...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 am 

I Say: Who Needs Boost Anyway??
Vehicle: MY10 2.0D Premium

Is there any plugin for the site where we can instant share the content to the FB page but it has a link-back to the forum post.
Use the evil sites for the benefit of forum traffic.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next