Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum traffic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

ExRex wrote:

PS - We need to resurrect to OzFoz calendar for 2017, my desk wall is blank!

This.

I understand time constraints with organising the calender, and then hassles with individually selling and posting the product out is probably why the calender didnt happen for this year. But the calender is a such great fun aspect of the forum and its a big shame to not see it happen.

Perhaps leading up to next year, the calender organising and distribution could be delegated to other less busy forum members? Im sure there are some among us who are technically minded with things like computers/graffics and have industry contacts with print companies and such. And others who would be happy and able to donate some time into the organisation or distribution of the calender?

I know it might be a bit hard to release control of the creative process. But with the way things are, that may be the only way for a calender to be produced.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:37 pm 

I Say: I f'kn love driving on LSD!
Vehicle: MY09 XTP WRB 6MT

Bram wrote:
ExRex wrote:

PS - We need to resurrect to OzFoz calendar for 2017, my desk wall is blank!

This.

I understand time constraints with organising the calender, and then hassles with individually selling and posting the product out is probably why the calender didnt happen for this year. But the calender is a such great fun aspect of the forum and its a big shame to not see it happen.

Perhaps leading up to next year, the calender organising and distribution could be delegated to other less busy forum members? Im sure there are some among us who are technically minded with things like computers/graffics and have industry contacts with print companies and such. And others who would be happy and able to donate some time into the organisation or distribution of the calender?

I know it might be a bit hard to release control of the creative process. But with the way things are, that may be the only way for a calender to be produced.

For sure, FWIW, I'm still totally cool with producing the artwork for a calendar but also just as willing to hand over the reigns (files whatever) to any 'fresh blood' that feels motivated to do it :thumbs:

PS - Meant calendar for 2018!

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador
GARAGE SALE HEL Rear Lines, SH9 4.44 R160, Liberty 3.9 R160

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:54 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 pm 

I Say: You get in the bowl.

Haha great pic!

http://www.kap.industries

Search User: @kapindustries on Instagram!

https://www.facebook.com/Kap-Industries ... 405181755/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:32 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Quote:
“I turn on the ozfoz webpage, and they show there are 42 users online. I'm like, wait a minute. I made a post. I looked out, the field was, it looked like a million, million and a half users.”

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 am 

I Say: Do or do not, there is no try.
Vehicle: MY17 BRZ, MY11 BT-50

In total there are 63 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

That's currently the "traffic".

As guests cannot and probably don't really want to post maybe that is why the forum seems less lively?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:45 am 

The guests could be people just trying to answer a specific technicall question by searching the archives.

Or it could be people who dont know about the ".com.au" issue and are constantly getting logged out. (Each time tge guest count goes up.) They probably try a few times, get sick of constantly getting asked to log in, the short attention span of todays generation kicks in and within 30 seconds they have moved on back to FB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:42 pm 

I Say: Needs more positive manifold pressure.
Vehicle: MY01 S/tb - MY01 STi II Type M

Whilst I'm certainly not an ideas man when it comes to ways to boost traffic to the site, I do have some spare time I'd be more than willing to donate to help the site stay alive.

MY01 GT -Unfinished Project

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 pm 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

Its been almost 5 years now since i sold my STI Forester but I still visit every week or so to see whats been going on. Back in the day you would start a new thread in shock, if you were the only member online. Nowadays theres usually more members celebrating birthdays than are actually online, but its still a great place to visit.

Big respect to members such as Bram, Be_Oh_Be, Russ, H-are, Chips, loch_GT, S2-13BT, Matty, Joe and Mr_Lee to name a few OG members that keep this place ticking over. And obviously Magus, Pete and Jakson too. Oh Sh1t I'm getting all sentimental

cheers fellas, keep it up.

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm 

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

XT666 wrote:
Its been almost 5 years now since i sold my STI Forester but I still visit every week or so to see whats been going on. Back in the day you would start a new thread in shock, if you were the only member online. Nowadays theres usually more members celebrating birthdays than are actually online, but its still a great place to visit.

Big respect to members such as Bram, Be_Oh_Be, Russ, H-are, Chips, loch_GT, S2-13BT, Matty, Joe and Mr_Lee to name a few OG members that keep this place ticking over. And obviously Magus, Pete and Jakson too. Oh Sh1t I'm getting all sentimental

cheers fellas, keep it up.

Cheers for the positive sentiments Andy.

Interestingly, we have just ticked over our 10th birthday! One decade old... sheesh!

Massive thanks for the regulars who keep coming back, and the newbies who are injecting their enthusiasm into the forum.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next