Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: ECULABS MY99/00 Forester GT/WRX/STi/B4 Tuning
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:36 pm 

I Say: Hitting the Apex!
Vehicle: '11 FXT+'14 GLA45+'15 WRX

fozzibear wrote:
If you are posting out an ecu with a base tune, will this be specific to the mods on the car or do you just have a basic tune ready to go that is generic enough to cover everything

Thanks, I'm new to the whole tuning thing, just feeling my way

I aim to do a safe tune to suit the mods :) Depends on what mods are done as to how close it is :)
The EcuLabs stuff is pretty flexible and I have applied the 'flat' timing additive to base timing to ensure it is a smooth timing curve etc

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)
July 6th -13th: Sydney, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Brisbane

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:24 am 

Vehicle: MY98 Forester GT

I'm interested in Melbourne. have a GT 01/99. not sure what mods it has currently (picked it up for close to a grand last week) and may take a while to get some used parts together as per the list below. the car will be competition only. taking it apart this weekend to have a proper look and decide where the money needs to be spent.

Plan is for e85, 1000cc, fuel pump (possibly regulator), 3" tbe, vf34, tmic/y-pipe if needed, silicone intake, bov.

Does the eculabs have a usb to monitor codes etc? what kind of access to the ecu can I expect?

would it be possible/feasible to have 2 files with low and high rpm launch control for the current clutch vs the upgrade later without an extra cost?

would I need an aftermarket boost control solenoid (seems to have a subaru one if I'm identifying that part correctly)?

do you have access to change the power cutout for temps (it's an older car and I'd like it to cut earlier if coolant temps start to rise)?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:42 pm 

I Say: Hitting the Apex!
Vehicle: '11 FXT+'14 GLA45+'15 WRX

TopPocket wrote:
I'm interested in Melbourne. have a GT 01/99. not sure what mods it has currently (picked it up for close to a grand last week) and may take a while to get some used parts together as per the list below. the car will be competition only. taking it apart this weekend to have a proper look and decide where the money needs to be spent.
Plan is for e85, 1000cc, fuel pump (possibly regulator), 3" tbe, vf34, tmic/y-pipe if needed, silicone intake, bov.

Does the eculabs have a usb to monitor codes etc? what kind of access to the ecu can I expect?
Can use a Vagcom USB cble to program the car. Will allow you to view codes as per factory as well.

would it be possible/feasible to have 2 files with low and high rpm launch control for the current clutch vs the upgrade later without an extra cost?
I do free retunes for life of the car so can change LC speed no issues later etc

would I need an aftermarket boost control solenoid (seems to have a subaru one if I'm identifying that part correctly)?
I can program it for the Pierburg or TuSpeed 3 port boost solenoid

do you have access to change the power cutout for temps (it's an older car and I'd like it to cut earlier if coolant temps start to rise)?
I cahnge these from factory anyway. Stock they get too hot, I set them at 87 and 90 off and 91 and 94 for turning on etc

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)
July 6th -13th: Sydney, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Brisbane

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3