Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: ECULABS MY99/00 Forester GT/WRX/STi/B4 Tuning
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:34 pm 

Vehicle: MY99 GT & Lib GT Wagon

andrew_k wrote:
Get the silicon intake sorted before you look at a tune too ;)

Absolutely :)

My stock one is ****

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:01 pm 

I Say: Who Needs Boost Anyway??
Vehicle: MY10 2.0D Premium

the TD04 with a 3" exhaust and a tune is faster to spool than the stock ECU and TF035

The mid-range cams and the higher compression of the GT also get bigger turbo's on boost faster than an equivalent WRX.
I had plans on fitting a TD05 as I used to tow frequently and it was always boosting hard as soon as you looked at the loud pedal.

15psi from a TD05 will happen by 3000rpm in 4th gear on the road anyway.
but remember that boost pressure is not all that makes power.
Airflow + Fuel = power
A TD05 (or VF28/34) will physically flow more air at 10psi, than a TD04 will flow at 15psi.
more flow, more power.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:56 pm 

Vehicle: MY06 XT

Robbks wrote:
A TD05 (or VF28/34) will physically flow more air at 10psi, than a TD04 will flow at 15psi.
more flow, more power.

Slightly off topic,

Robb, this has to be one of the most commonly miss used remarks on turbo car forums. The same air is being forced into the same volume at a higher pressure, the only thing that can change is temperature. The temperature is based on turbo efficiency and I can guarantee at lower RPM a TD04 will be closer to peak efficiency than a larger turbo.

The part you aren't talking about is exhaust restrictions which is where you may get some gains, although only limited at such a low rev range.

I have many graphs of VF34 vs TD04 with same exhaust, tuner, temperature and location. It is very obvious which produces power first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:50 am 

I Say: Hitting the Apex!
Vehicle: '11 FXT+'14 GLA45+'15 WRX

VF34 making 145Kw by 3000rpm on 16psi and 208Kw by 6400rpm
TD04 making 118Kw by 3000rpm on 16psi and 158Kw by 6600rpm

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)
July 6th -13th: Sydney, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:55 am 

Also should have more EcuLabs computers in stock early next month :)

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:07 pm 

Vehicle: 00 gt

Multiple fuel maps. Does that mean with an auto 00gt I could have a wife/town/economy tune with the auto power button off and when you press the power button you could have full boost and auto water spray function?

Since I live in qld, how do I get one of these eculabs computers off you? Book a tune date and install on the day? What sort of wiring/ plug would I need to organize to have ready to hook up my water spray circuit?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:27 pm 

Vehicle: MY99 Forester GT

Interested in Eculabs upgrade. If you coming to Newcastle. I'll make sure my mods are done

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:15 pm 

whitfoz wrote:
Multiple fuel maps. Does that mean with an auto 00gt I could have a wife/town/economy tune with the auto power button off and when you press the power button you could have full boost and auto water spray function?

Since I live in qld, how do I get one of these eculabs computers off you? Book a tune date and install on the day? What sort of wiring/ plug would I need to organize to have ready to hook up my water spray circuit?

Yes, can do economy tune but not on the Transmission Power Switch, just any switch you prefer OR just do it with this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOjtXOKgjNE and have it change when you want it to ;)

I can post you an ECU with a base tune and post me back yours or wait til I am in Southern Queensland in April :)

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 pm 

Vehicle: MY99 Forester GT

If you are posting out an ecu with a base tune, will this be specific to the mods on the car or do you just have a basic tune ready to go that is generic enough to cover everything

Thanks, I'm new to the whole tuning thing, just feeling my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:09 pm 

Vehicle: 00 gt

Got my 00gt tuned yesterday with TH. Very happy with how it drives now. A lot more responsive with partial throttle input. Improved auto gear change. Improved brake peddle feel.

Mine used to sound a bit harsh above 4k, had bit of a notch at 2.2k and a thumpy idle. Now its buttery smooth and you can just watch the speed build.

All that with the little TF035, resonectomy, air filter, silicone y, diff back 2.5 and restrictor delete.

Have driven the td04 with manuals and they work well with a full exhaust. Now driving mine tuned, I'm happy with the stock turbo for how I drive.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next