Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 29   [ 286 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Customer Testimonials - No spam please :)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 am 

I Say: Hitting the Apex!
Vehicle: '11 FXT+'14 GLA45+'15 WRX

Opening up a section for customer testimonials :)

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)
July 6th -13th: Sydney, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Brisbane

Post subject: Re: Customer Testimonials - No spam please :)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am 

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

Welcome aboard as a vendor Matt!

I might add my 2c whilst I'm here. Very happy with the results of the reflash and road tune on our 08 XT auto with no mods apart from the tune.

MUCH more power and torque throughout the rev range, with plenty of low/midrange grunt due to the little TD04L turbo. A brake pad upgrade is mandatory at an absolute minimum!

The revised throttle mapping/boost control is great. Much easier to control boost levels via the accelerator pedal vs the standard mapping.

The tweaks to improve the shifting of the auto transmission have made a big difference to the feel of the car - no more slurring on gear shifts.

The revised idle mapping is also very nice and SMOOTH.

Overall, colour me impressed!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 am 

I Say: Live fast, Die young in a nice pair of shorts
Vehicle: OctaviaRS, Pajero, MT09, WR450

There's another page with a few testimonials - not sure where, but I know that Dazzz168 and myself have posted on there - maybe we can merge it with this thread?

mikthedinosaur wrote:
Man if it makes 280 and is on 20 something psi boost in the 2k rpm range ill be harder than a pedo in a playground

WL FSB/RSB+HDlinks & ALK; X Force dump, STi mid, magnaflow cans; STi/KYB suspension, TS BOV, VF52, PW TMIC, DBA4000s, PB 3 port, Perrin inlet, TH tuned

13.076 @ 170kph

http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27496

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:14 pm 

Vehicle: MY04XT

Welcome TH to vendor section.

I have a TH tune

good points from my experience:
I think he cares about the tune he customizes for you
He went that little bit extra for me working on something as simple as idle
The car performs extremely well now
He seems to have a good knowledge of Subaru ECU's and how to make them perform to there best.

Bad points
I did not reach 200KW with my TD04 :(
Mine Seems to have a slight surge during lower rev range that annoy's me a little bit.

I am saving to get a new Turbo to fix god damm waste gate flutter, as soon as i do i will be chasing TH down and nailing him to my passenger seat so i can get him to retune it again !

Thanks TH for all your time and effort you put to our Community

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 am 

I Say: Hitting the Apex!
Vehicle: '11 FXT+'14 GLA45+'15 WRX

Thanks everyone :)

Thought I should post up a video from an international client(so excuse the lax road speed limit laws) but is great to show how smooth the SH9 XT 4EAT gearshifts can be...

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)
July 6th -13th: Sydney, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Brisbane

Post subject: Customer Testimonials - No spam please :)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:56 pm 

I Say: duct tape + cable ties = ♥
Vehicle: Sans Foz

Can't wipe the smile off my face after driving home from Matt's handy work! Despite it having the 4eat, the car pulls fairly hard now and the smooth, predictable power makes it a real winner.

He's very professional, takes time to fully explain everything you need to know and is competeively priced.

WIN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:06 pm 

Vehicle: MY03 XT - Marone

Just thought I'd share my experience with TH Tuning last night!
Met Matt for the first time and I must say his a pleasure to deal with. I was really surprised at the preparation and attention to detail he puts in to his tuning.

Firstly, before the tune I had installed a larger TMIC with ceramic Y-pipe and purchased a 3-port pierburg boost solenoid from prospeedracing. The car was running like absolute crap even worst than before I had installed the parts so I was abit worried that the car was not even up to scratch for the tune lol. Anyway after Matt worked his magic on it I couldn't believe the transformation. Mind you my car was running so crap to the point I was only keeping up to a 99 NA limited with normal driving.

Just driving for 10 - 15 mins after the tune I've managed to wear my clutch out and now I need a new one cause the clutch just can't handle the power behind it now lol.

I'm amazed at the potential that he brought out of it with barely any mods. (Can't wait to get a new heavy duty clutch in there! :D).

The attention to detail he put in to getting the little things right, which to be honest I wasn't really fussed about as I was feeling "throttlehappy" :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:08 am 

I Say: Which car is the best from Japan ----- Subaru Ha Ha!!
Vehicle: MY10 XT-auto Satin Pearl white

I like to thanks TH tuned my10 xt in last Friday. It was a great road-tune by Matt sat beside with me to adjust everything for my map to suit my driving style. Torque came 400 rpm earlier around 1600~1700 to make more fun to drive and best part of it is nearly eliminate drone from my X-Force below 2600 rpm & save 15% fuel. Great Work TH, Many Thanks !! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:50 pm 

I Say: This one is staying stock...
Vehicle: GC8Track/NFIIFairlane/MY12STi

Ive had a TH tune for about a month now and i am so impressed!

Everytime I get in my car I am excited! I sound like a toss i know, but my car drives so much better now (and i loved it before the TH tune...?!!)

Cant speak highly enough of TH, he knows his stuff.

Get on Board! :thumbs:

GC8 Track build - http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43199
NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 pm 

I Say: The voices in my head are idiots
Vehicle: MY09 XT M, Red, Tuned, Brakes

I am running a TH tune after trying a number of other tuners including tuning the car myself. I know enough about tuning to know my own limits, but more importantly I know enough about tuning to know just how damn good TH is. I have been through 8 iterations to get to the point where I can't believe just how good the tune is. The latest change was per gear wastegate control for 1st and 2nd (the Foz only allows for the those 2, but the Liberty GT for example has PGWC for all 6 gears). I now hit full boost in first and second and the responsiveness of the engine to a sudden jab on the pedal is unbelievable. The progression to boost as the revs climb and the turbo spools is much more linear than it was before TH and the over all boost control is much better. Not little peaks or troughs. The economy has improved buy 0.5 lt/100k and is the best I have ever had from the car. Drive by wire used to prevent the engine returning to idle like a cable control would do, which was annoying at times and hindered engine braking at other times. All fixed now.

For anyone contemplating a tune, I can't recommend TH enough. He really goes above and beyond expectations to provide a top service from what I can only describe as an expert. If you have previously had a tune, I am sure you would notice significant improvements from a retune by TH.

And then there is this: http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30546&p=646863&hilit=throttlehappy#p646863

http://www.kidoracing.com.au
KiDo Racing on OzFoz
High Performance Brakes, Coilovers, Turbo Rebuilds, Tunes and more coming.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 29   [ 286 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next